trying to sell anyone

Old May 7th 2004, 11:06 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by friends
We go back to the bedfordshire area. Where are you going back to. How long have you been in aus and why are you going back. Everyone you talk to thinks we are mad for going back. Do you get that response. We have a dog to. Do not have any of his injections done as yet for rabies. Was thinking of just taking him back and putting him into quarantine for six months.
Ok what part of Beds?? I am from Surrey but am going to Kent first and then hopefully West Sussex.

Yep I have that alot but then those people mostly all have family here and I don't. My hubby is an Aussie and I have a 21/2 year old and a dog also. We are trying for another baby and I really would like some family support around. I came here when my daughter was 5 mnths old and have found it very hard at times. I have joined the playgroup, play gym, take her to swimming lessons, I go to the gym and I also joined a mothers group when I first arrived so no-one can say I have not made effort but I do get very lonely and only have a couple of friends mainly through our children.

I miss my mum and sisters and mates and I want my daughter to know them....I do have in-laws here but sadly we don't get on and that has caused alot of upset. I am sick of trying to be what they want. They make very little effort with our daughter and treat her and I differently to the other grandkids. No more !!!

So apart from that my hubby loved the Uk and loved working in London. We both want to see more of Europe and feel that we should return now rather than leave it too long. We are both excited about going and stuff what others say..they are not you!!! HAPPINESS is more important than a house/ pool etc..inner happiness...!!!

Cheers and sorry if I sound peed off..I am with them..out-laws

Pants

Old May 7th 2004, 2:49 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We go back to the bedfordshire area. Where are you going back to. How long have you been in aus and why are you going back. Everyone you talk to thinks we are mad for going back. Do you get that response. We have a dog to. Do not have any of his injections done as yet for rabies. Was thinking of just taking him back and putting him into quarantine for six months.
I there,

We are using Wridgeways for our container. Only having a 20ft one which is $5900 (Insurance extra) .

Hope you get good news on the house!

Similar reason for returning as Pants really. Missing family and long term friendships. The only job I got was after 12 months of trying and that was a nightmare. Work wise I've gone stale and need more in my life than Perth has to offer.

We are taking our dog and two cats back to the UK.

If you are taking your dog you need to get the rabies jab before you go. You can't take them back to the UK even into quarantine without the vaccine and blood tests and this takes at least a month to prepare for!

Firstly you should go to a government vet (we used Ascot Vets on Gt Eastern Highway) and get a Rabies vaccine done. This costs about $70

Then you have to wait 3 weeks while the vaccine does it's stuff (!) after this you have to get a blood test done that is sent off to Scotland (!?) This costs $250 ( )

The blood test is to make sure there are enough antibodies in your dogs blood stream. You should then get a certificate from you vet and this has to be used as part of your pets Passport for returning to the UK.

It's ONLY after this process has been done that your dog can enter the UK so I would start doing it now! Your dog is then supposed to do 6 months (from the date of the blood test) in this country before returning to the UK to avoid quarantine on arrival. If you go back before the end of the six months your dog has to do the remainder of the 6 months in quarantine in the UK from arrival.

If you haven't sold your house yet that may take another 6 weeks so you dog would be almost a month of quarantine in the UK if you started the proceedure now.

We are using a lady based in Mundaring to organise our animals flights. It's costing $2400 for our dog and two cats. I do know though that after 1st June the government flight costs for pets has increased!!!

If you need any help please ask.
Old May 8th 2004, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pants
Ok what part of Beds?? I am from Surrey but am going to Kent first and then hopefully West Sussex.

Yep I have that alot but then those people mostly all have family here and I don't. My hubby is an Aussie and I have a 21/2 year old and a dog also. We are trying for another baby and I really would like some family support around. I came here when my daughter was 5 mnths old and have found it very hard at times. I have joined the playgroup, play gym, take her to swimming lessons, I go to the gym and I also joined a mothers group when I first arrived so no-one can say I have not made effort but I do get very lonely and only have a couple of friends mainly through our children.

I miss my mum and sisters and mates and I want my daughter to know them....I do have in-laws here but sadly we don't get on and that has caused alot of upset. I am sick of trying to be what they want. They make very little effort with our daughter and treat her and I differently to the other grandkids. No more !!!

So apart from that my hubby loved the Uk and loved working in London. We both want to see more of Europe and feel that we should return now rather than leave it too long. We are both excited about going and stuff what others say..they are not you!!! HAPPINESS is more important than a house/ pool etc..inner happiness...!!!

Cheers and sorry if I sound peed off..I am with them..out-laws

Pants
Dont apologise. I feel like that to. Have made some nice friends and keep thinking give it more time but i dont think you can ever get that same bond you have with old friends and family back in the uk. People are different here. WE also have family here and its just not the same. They seem more detached from that family unit if that makes sense. It does not feel as comfortable being with them as it does with our family in the uk. I did not think it would be like that and that we could all be there for each other. We also miss the thought of doing the holidays in europe. I can not wait to go to decent shops again. Where abouts in west sussex are you going. Used to spend my summers there as my dad lives there. Littlehampon. I love it down there. Arundel is one if my favourite places.

Old May 8th 2004, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by janeyray
I there,

We are using Wridgeways for our container. Only having a 20ft one which is $5900 (Insurance extra) .

Hope you get good news on the house!

Similar reason for returning as Pants really. Missing family and long term friendships. The only job I got was after 12 months of trying and that was a nightmare. Work wise I've gone stale and need more in my life than Perth has to offer.

We are taking our dog and two cats back to the UK.

If you are taking your dog you need to get the rabies jab before you go. You can't take them back to the UK even into quarantine without the vaccine and blood tests and this takes at least a month to prepare for!

Firstly you should go to a government vet (we used Ascot Vets on Gt Eastern Highway) and get a Rabies vaccine done. This costs about $70

Then you have to wait 3 weeks while the vaccine does it's stuff (!) after this you have to get a blood test done that is sent off to Scotland (!?) This costs $250 ( )

The blood test is to make sure there are enough antibodies in your dogs blood stream. You should then get a certificate from you vet and this has to be used as part of your pets Passport for returning to the UK.

It's ONLY after this process has been done that your dog can enter the UK so I would start doing it now! Your dog is then supposed to do 6 months (from the date of the blood test) in this country before returning to the UK to avoid quarantine on arrival. If you go back before the end of the six months your dog has to do the remainder of the 6 months in quarantine in the UK from arrival.

If you haven't sold your house yet that may take another 6 weeks so you dog would be almost a month of quarantine in the UK if you started the proceedure now.

We are using a lady based in Mundaring to organise our animals flights. It's costing $2400 for our dog and two cats. I do know though that after 1st June the government flight costs for pets has increased!!!

If you need any help please ask.
Hi Thanks for advice on the pets. We will wait and see if we have some good news on the house today. The other couple who want to rent are having all there checks done over the next few days and seeing a mortgage consultant. I agree with you. Its so hard to get on over here. You have to do everything there way. Its does not matter what experience you have and how long been doing it for in the uk. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up again. We both worked for ourselves in the uk and all though we worked hard we could afford to to lots to. Over here the dollar just does not get you anything. Be great to get back and earn decent money again and shop in good shops. As i said before we have friends here that came at the same time and they are also finding it a struggle to get on. Maybe we should give it more time but that scares me more that by the time we do want to go back will not be alble to afford to get on housing market. At least now i no we can beside would still miss the family. Can not live with the constant goodbyes for the rest of our life.
Old May 8th 2004, 3:32 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thanks for advice on the pets. We will wait and see if we have some good news on the house today. The other couple who want to rent are having all there checks done over the next few days and seeing a mortgage consultant. I agree with you. Its so hard to get on over here. You have to do everything there way. Its does not matter what experience you have and how long been doing it for in the uk. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up again. We both worked for ourselves in the uk and all though we worked hard we could afford to to lots to. Over here the dollar just does not get you anything. Be great to get back and earn decent money again and shop in good shops. As i said before we have friends here that came at the same time and they are also finding it a struggle to get on. Maybe we should give it more time but that scares me more that by the time we do want to go back will not be alble to afford to get on housing market. At least now i no we can beside would still miss the family. Can not live with the constant goodbyes for the rest of our life.
Hi Friends

Thats just it isn't it...the constant goodbyes. I am dreading doing that here but the upside is the wonderful heelo's when I see my family again and for my daughter to actaully start having a relationship with them. She was only 5 months old when we came here so doesn't even know them !!

I know Arundel....its all pretty nice around that area.I remember going to a great pub in the summer out that way and being stung by a bee..!! eekkkk...

We are looking at Southwater, Horsham, Haywards Heath not too far due to train journey times to London as that is where hubby will no doubt work.

So what line of work are you both in?? and sorry what part of Beds are you heading back to?

Have you got any children??

Questions questions I know ..!!!

Pants
Old May 8th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi pants.
Have two boys. 5
Old May 8th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi pants.
Have two boys. 5
Old May 8th 2004, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry got cut off some how. Have two boys 5 and 7. They were watching me this morning and by eldest was reading my email to you. He started laughing and said is her name really pants......We are going back to sandy for a start. Go back in three weeks. Have rented today so really happy and a bit worried also. Pleased we have rented. Just want to make sure that we are doing the right thing. Going to book flights on monday. Have some quotes already. Just deciding if we should go to brisbane. My youngest wants to go to steve urwins zoo. He is mad on him. We are going to do that or paris and do disneyworld. Have not told anyone back home. Just going to surprise them all. can not wait. Will be very busy the next few weeks sorting it all out. Got to sell the car this week to. I have kents doing the removals. Not to sure what to do with our dog. Really want to take him with us but have not started any of the injections as yet. If we do decide to return in 6 months to aus we will have to go through the whole thing again with him. I can not imagine that we will come back. Just want to keep an open mind about it though. Theres so much to think about. How has your home open gone this weekend. Any luck.
Old May 10th 2004, 3:43 am
Live the moment

Sorry got cut off some how. Have two boys 5 and 7. They were watching me this morning and by eldest was reading my email to you. He started laughing and said is her name really pants......We are going back to sandy for a start. Go back in three weeks. Have rented today so really happy and a bit worried also. Pleased we have rented. Just want to make sure that we are doing the right thing. Going to book flights on monday. Have some quotes already. Just deciding if we should go to brisbane. My youngest wants to go to steve urwins zoo. He is mad on him. We are going to do that or paris and do disneyworld. Have not told anyone back home. Just going to surprise them all. can not wait. Will be very busy the next few weeks sorting it all out. Got to sell the car this week to. I have kents doing the removals. Not to sure what to do with our dog. Really want to take him with us but have not started any of the injections as yet. If we do decide to return in 6 months to aus we will have to go through the whole thing again with him. I can not imagine that we will come back. Just want to keep an open mind about it though. Theres so much to think about. How has your home open gone this weekend. Any luck.

friends I have sent you a pm

Cheers

Pants
Old May 10th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pants
friends I have sent you a pm

Cheers

Pants
Hi pants
Have just sent you a pm