Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Trying for once to plan for a move back, rather than knee jerk when homesick!

Wikiposts

Trying for once to plan for a move back, rather than knee jerk when homesick!

Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:45 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trying for once to plan for a move back, rather than knee jerk when homesick!

Hi everyone

Just dawned on me that there might be a natural pause in my children's education here (US) that might facilitate an easy move home. My son will graduate high school here in May 2013 at the age of 17. My daughter at that time will be 14 (June 1998 DOB) which I believe means she would be starting her GCSEs in the UK in the Augut of 2013.

So, my question to anyone who may actually know, or to those who have done it, or to those of you who might have no knowledge or experience but have enough intelligence to help is: if my son completes high school education here, would he be eligible to enter into a sixth form/college to do A Levels (ie would the GED give him the GCSE level equivalent to take the A Level Step?

This might enable me to have a plan to go home

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by ukintexas; Jan 1st 2011 at 12:46 pm. Reason: Typo of "their" for "there" in my haste to type message
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trying for once to plan for a move back, rather than knee jerk when homesick!

I think I would direct the question to the college of the town I was hoping to go to. Get it from the horses mouth??