Reload this Page >

truly depressing being bsack in Oz

truly depressing being bsack in Oz

Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:19 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default truly depressing being bsack in Oz

Hello All,

I do hope you had a good Xmas and NYE wherever you are

Well our English Xmas adventure is over I landed back in Australia Tues morning. Mrs Triboy and I parted in Korea as she wanted to spend a few days with her Dad, so I'm here on my own for a week with only my homesick depression for company

We had a brilliant time in England, fantastic family meals and celebration and it was lovely to train in cooler temps. The driving courtesy was a breath of fresh air

Checked out some house prices and was pleasantly surprised actually and found affordable nice houses in all areas we checked (we don't have kids so don't need a mansion and we have a fairly decent deposit).

We went out to pubs and didn't get set upon by the legions of out of control yoofs the Daily Fail readers seem to think exist (yawn). Didn't get robbed (well we went to the cinema and bought some popcorn ). The only Polish accents I heard were in London at the shops we visited (Harrods, Harvey Nichs, Selfridges, TM Lewins, Charles Tywrhitt etc) and most people were very friendly.

The weather was mild with only a couple of 0 deg days. Most days I just wore a hoodie that I won in a triathlon for outdoor walking. It rained about 3 days but only one day of downpour.

So I've comeback to humid Sydney (although not terribly hot) have to go back to work today, and a colleague who is Welsh but lives in Surrey (been here 8yrs) comes back from her Xmas holiday home as well. Her and her husband are keen to return to the UK so I'll be interested to hear what she has to say. At least I have someone at work who understands where I'm coming from, instead of the usual Godzoner conversations

Mrs Triboy rang last night and whilst she is having a good time in Korea, she said she really understands how I need to go back to the UK. She had a great time there as well. We bought some quality clothes at good prices. I completey changed my wardrobe (save for one suit and my cycling/running gear) and only spent about 1200 quid

If anyone is in Sydney (Nth Shore is where I'm at) and feels like a nostalgic beer, whinge, chat, catch up, lob me a PM.

Last edited by Triboy; Jan 8th 2008 at 6:22 am.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: truly depressing being bsack in Oz

Hi Triboy

Sorry you're feeling a bit crappy.

I'm back in Canada after spending Christmas in Northern Ireland so I know how you feel about having to return to a place that's not really home. The only things I missed while I was away where my washer and Dryer I truly am a sad case

At least now my OH agrees that we should move back.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Nice to see you had a great holiday shame it all had to end.

Will you be going back for good anytime?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

'We had a brilliant time in England, fantastic family meals and celebration and it was lovely to train in cooler temps. The driving courtesy was a breath of fresh air'

Hi Triboy
I know what you mean by training in cooler temps...it is horrendous trying to train in the heat. I have almost stopped running here as I just feel so sick in the heat and hate treadmills!! Anyway 5kgs heavier (swimming just doesn't do it!!) I am looking forward to returning to run in the snow!!

Sorry you are feeling so bad..nothing much anyone can say ..it's such a horrid feeling! Unfortunately in Perth so no nostalgic beer possible!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Nice to see you had a great holiday shame it all had to end.

Will you be going back for good anytime?
Hopefully by the end of this year It's funny really because when I lived in Colombia I didn't feel this way at all. I like countries that are different and have traveled extensively, but nowhere depresses me like this place. Perhaps its too much the same to be different, but different enough to be annoying?

I'm a 'deep end' kind of guy, and can't abide blandness. Time for a transfer to Riga perhaps?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello mate, I was wondering where you'd got to. I am pleased both you and your wife enjoyed being in England so much, but sorry to hear you are feeling low. I know that feeling well, it's what has stopped me going home to visit again sooner, but finally decided to go this coming August for a month. If I was in Sydney I'd join you, but as I'm not, I'll have a drink to you instead. So do you reckon you can convince your wife to go back to live?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:39 pm

So do you reckon you can convince your wife to go back to live?
Well I think I 'convinced' her last time and that's probably why it didn't work in 06. She's way more ok with the idea nowadays and knows how much I want to leave Oz. Personally I think not pushing but letting her come to her own realisation has worked.

I know England would only be a stepping stone to somewhere else anyway and I'm ok with that. Being English is part of who I am, but having the ability/opportunity to leave it again would be very important to both of us (but not to come back here).

I've had some news today that I 'may' be able to rent a flat in Epsom in August onwards from a colleague at work, for a very reasonable rent. Having our own space to go straight into would be great, as living with the parents, even temporarily put quite a bit of pressure on us in 06.

Early days, who knows, maybe there is a Colombian company desperate for us (plus house, car and maid of course )
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:51 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triboy
Well I think I 'convinced' her last time and that's probably why it didn't work in 06. She's way more ok with the idea nowadays and knows how much I want to leave Oz. Personally I think not pushing but letting her come to her own realisation has worked.

I know England would only be a stepping stone to somewhere else anyway and I'm ok with that. Being English is part of who I am, but having the ability/opportunity to leave it again would be very important to both of us (but not to come back here).

I've had some news today that I 'may' be able to rent a flat in Epsom in August onwards from a colleague at work, for a very reasonable rent. Having our own space to go straight into would be great, as living with the parents, even temporarily put quite a bit of pressure on us in 06.

Early days, who knows, maybe there is a Colombian company desperate for us (plus house, car and maid of course )
You don't want much then. Well keep us posted. It'll be great if you can move straight into a home of your own, I know I wouldn't want to go back and live with family, even though I love them all dearly. Good luck and hope you find someone to drink with this evening.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:28 pm

Good luck and hope you find someone to drink with this evening.
Nah, been fettling with one of my bikes. I haven't ridden since my last IronMan race on Dec 17th, eek! and I need to get a few hours in tomorrow as in two weeks time I have a 200km race through the Victorian Alps and I'm woefully underdone, and woefully overweight from Xmas
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:35 pm
'In limboland'

Nah, been fettling with one of my bikes. I haven't ridden since my last IronMan race on Dec 17th, eek! and I need to get a few hours in tomorrow as in two weeks time I have a 200km race through the Victorian Alps and I'm woefully underdone, and woefully overweight from Xmas
Oh dear, you did have a good time then. Don't suppose you take pic's of this race?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh dear, you did have a good time then. Don't suppose you take pic's of this race?
Better ones are on my camera but Mrs Triboy has that in Korea at the moment.

http://www.triathlon-photos.com/tria...nman;match=635
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:47 pm
'In limboland'

Hey, Mr.Superfit. You really need to work on that tan though....
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Well look at you...well done.

I love cycling, but i get tired so quick and i get saddle sore
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hey, Mr.Superfit. You really need to work on that tan though....
Big fireball in sky make me scared

I'm hardly superfit. I'm carrying at 10kgs more than I should. A result of my apathy over the last couple of years
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:53 pm
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Well look at you...well done.

I love cycling, but i get tired so quick and i get saddle sore

Big fireball in sky make me scared

I'm hardly superfit. I'm carrying at 10kgs more than I should. A result of my apathy over the last couple of years
Well you have to be some way to being fit to do what you do, so I commend you. Me, I have a gym in the house, fully kitted out one too, do I use it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.