Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Travelling with pet on air transat

Travelling with pet on air transat

Old Dec 24th 2011, 1:08 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling with pet on air transat

Originally Posted by dollface
No flights booked yet - a tad premature but hopefully, should all go well, back home defo 2012!!!!!!!!!!last Xmas in Canada!!!! never know what you have, til you leave it behind!
That is so true hun, i know this is just a stop gap for me. I can't believe all the drama i put myself through to get here, hindsight is a wonderful thing....

ps....omg, i'm having nightmares about dying and having to get buried here!!!! OMG....can you imagine being here for eternity!!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 3:25 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
That is so true hun, i know this is just a stop gap for me. I can't believe all the drama i put myself through to get here, hindsight is a wonderful thing....

ps....omg, i'm having nightmares about dying and having to get buried here!!!! OMG....can you imagine being here for eternity!!
I know, me too, although I never left becuase I hated UK just for a wee change, stayed here way too long....................
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:38 am
Just Joined

jane blakely is an unknown quantity at this point

We're flying our 6 pets from Calgary to Gatwick on Wednesday with Air Transat .... will let you know how they do!
Old Jan 8th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jane blakely
We're flying our 6 pets from Calgary to Gatwick on Wednesday with Air Transat .... will let you know how they do!
good luck, I am sure they will all just be fine
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:12 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Desperate to know how things went we will be flying Toronto to Manchester most likely................
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

leavingcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

look forward to the outcome..be doing same soon....
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to fly a dog back from Canada to UK please
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

marietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nice

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to fly a dog back from Canada to UK please
A friend of ours is flying back on 28th Jan, Calgary to Manchester ( I think it's Manchester? ) and it has cost $1500 for their dog + the treatments required...tick/tapeworm, form signing from the vet for customs etc, a further couple of hundred dollars
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

omg that is so expensive...why is it so much when they travel in the cargo?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:10 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marietuluse
A friend of ours is flying back on 28th Jan, Calgary to Manchester ( I think it's Manchester? ) and it has cost $1500 for their dog + the treatments required...tick/tapeworm, form signing from the vet for customs etc, a further couple of hundred dollars

Are they using a pet cargo service?

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
omg that is so expensive...why is it so much when they travel in the cargo?
Just book the flight for your pet over the phone, do the little bit of paperwork required, bring said mutt to the airport yourself...it cost us a little short of £300 to bring our pooch over.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Just book the flight for your pet over the phone, do the little bit of paperwork required, bring said mutt to the airport yourself...it cost us a little short of £300 to bring our pooch over.
Wow that sounds so much better
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

I think some airlines require you to use a pet transport service.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

marietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Squirrel
I think some airlines require you to use a pet transport service.
Yes, they do, Canadian Affair/Air Transat require a pet agency to book on your behalf, they won't let you book directly with them.

I do believe Air Canada will let you book directly with them and this cuts out the cost of an agency fee but then you pay a higher price for your own flight than you would with Air transat so it's just a case of comparing and seeing which works out the cheapest, we found it cheaper to pay the high cost for our cat's flight with the cheaper airline because our flight was only a couple of hundred dollars
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes as it's with Air Transat and they won't let you book direct, you have to use a pet travel agency

It cost us 260 pounds to take our cat from the UK to Canada and a year later it cost us 970 pounds to bring her back, so you will find that it's more expensive to get them back than to take them out

Our flight back for three of us on the same flight as the cat cost a total of 490 pounds, with Air Transat in economy class.......I fully expected to see our cat through the partition curtain, sitting in Premium, sipping champagne for the cost of her flight
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marietuluse
I fully expected to see our cat through the partition curtain, sitting in Premium, sipping champagne for the cost of her flight
Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.