Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for one way flight to UK

Wikiposts

Travel insurance for one way flight to UK

Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

karni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nice
Default Travel insurance for one way flight to UK

Just wondered if anyone can help me. Have tried to get travel insurance for my flight back to the UK but have ran into problems as 1) I am not an Australian citizen and 2) the flight is one way. I am wondering if I can get the insurance from a UK provider even though I am not starting my journey there.
Any advice on this would be much appreciated as I am leaving next week and am keen to get it sorted.
Thanks a million.
K
Old Sep 27th 2007, 4:24 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Travel insurance for one way flight to UK

Just think about if you really need it!! If it is just for a 24 hour flight then what are you insuring? If it is from oz touk then the bags will be safe. If it is a crash then you are dead.

Cold analysis but..
Old Sep 27th 2007, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Dago. For a 24 hr flight I wouldnt bother. You will be covered by the NHS when you arrive and with luck all your luggage will arrive with you!

NOt sure why your citizenship status would be an issue. I dont recall that anyone has ever asked me, nor do I recall that they have ever demanded to see my return ticket just asked what dates I would be travelling between.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

karni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nice

Originally Posted by quoll
I'm with Dago. For a 24 hr flight I wouldnt bother. You will be covered by the NHS when you arrive and with luck all your luggage will arrive with you!

NOt sure why your citizenship status would be an issue. I dont recall that anyone has ever asked me, nor do I recall that they have ever demanded to see my return ticket just asked what dates I would be travelling between.
Guys..thanks for the reply..
I am stopping over in London for 4 nights in a hotel before flying back home to Ireland...my main concern is that I may lose an expensive piece of jewellry...I do really feel I would rather pay for insurance than take a risk
Thanks
k
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:14 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

I bet that your household insurance would cover this if it is jewelry but tourist type insurance does not usually accept this risk.

It strikes me as more conventional for you to get Australian cover but high value jewelry - you are making a rod for your own back!!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by quoll
I'm with Dago. For a 24 hr flight I wouldnt bother.

For UK insurance you do need a uk address - I think that the expectation is that you live there.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:16 pm
Banned

On second thoughts if you are worried about losing the jewelry in the air then you can easily manage this risk. If you are thinking that you may lose it in the London hotel then check it isn - there is insurance at the hotel. If you are worried about getting mugged then you should not be wearing it on the streets.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karni31
Guys..thanks for the reply..
I am stopping over in London for 4 nights in a hotel before flying back home to Ireland...my main concern is that I may lose an expensive piece of jewellry...I do really feel I would rather pay for insurance than take a risk
Thanks
k
Ireland is a beautiful place to live....and very safe too, my home too.

Good idea, insurance.

Take care.

Beannacht Dé Ort - bain taitneamh as do thuras.
God Bless and Enjoy Your Journey.

Garrett.