Reload this Page >

Travel with baby without father

Travel with baby without father

Old Sep 20th 2018, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel with baby without father

Hi everyone!

Can anyone advice or share experience regarding if I need any additional documents if I want to go abroad with baby (1yo), but without husband? Baby and husband are British, I'm not EU, not EEA, in UK on spouse visa.
I want to visit my parents and take our kid, my husband cant make it.
I've seen some info on gov.uk, but as I understood its for people who are separated.
I can take marriage certificate and birth certificate (we also have different surnames). But do I need a written permission from husband? Can be there any problems at all?
We traveled before and never were asked anything, but we were all together.

Thank you in advance!
Irin
Old Sep 20th 2018, 11:07 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel with baby without father

It’s a good idea to have a letter from your husband in case you are asked.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks)) I can do that
Old Nov 7th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Vicky2309 is an unknown quantity at this point

I definately endured more checks travelling with my kids without hubby
I had British passport
Miss 5 and Mr 2 had Aussie passport
My passport is in my maiden name, kids in married name

Quite rightly, I had to answer questions, show mh marriage cert and kids passports
Old Nov 11th 2018, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Yep, get your husband to write a letter stating all of the names and facts and that he is happy for you to travel with your child. I did this with my ex-husband pre-divorce and then post divorce I carried my divorce agreement to demonstrate custody.