Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Transporting a 7 year old nervous dog from Australia to UK

Transporting a 7 year old nervous dog from Australia to UK

Old Feb 25th 2019, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Leinster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transporting a 7 year old nervous dog from Australia to UK

For me, the most stressful part of our move is shipping our 7 year old cavoodle. She is (unoffically) my emotional support animal and, as it turns out, I am also her emotional support animal We both stress out easily.

Any recommendations for excellent pet movers shipping from Sydney back to England? I really need to hear about some great shipping experiences with as little separation time and stress on her as possible. These things are more important to me than cost at this point.

Thanks,
Leinster
Old Feb 25th 2019, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting a 7 year old nervous dog from Australia to UK

You sound like my wife and our chihuahua. My wife has a range of social anxiety issues and they spend 24 x 7 together. He is very nervous and gets very anxious.

He was born in Sydney and when he was 8 we moved back to the UK. We used Dogtainers and they were excellent. He flew with Emirates to Heathrow and was fine. They sent us emails with photos after we dropped him off. We assumed he would be spending the wait before the flight in his crate, but, no, he was on people's laps being cuddled. He arrived fine, though hungry as he has medical issues which meant he couldn't eat on route. He was a little jet lagged for a week, but settled straight into it.

He loves his new life here in Scotland and even enjoys the snow.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Leinster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transporting a 7 year old nervous dog from Australia to UK

Thanks verystormy, that is very reassuring. I'll definitely check out Dogtainers. I am also with my dog pretty much 24/7 for the last few years as I have been working from home. That contributes to our co-dependence.

I know that as soon as I see her safe and well the other side that I will be right as rain, but she will be on my mind every minute of the trip that we are apart.

Thanks again for responding.