Reload this Page >

Transferring COVID Vaccination Information to the NHS

Transferring COVID Vaccination Information to the NHS

Old Aug 25th 2021, 9:52 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

vh3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring COVID Vaccination Information to the NHS

I apologise if this has been asked before but the search function would not cooperate. Is there a way of entering your Canadian COVID vaccination information once we return to the UK? Or do we have to go through the process of getting jabbed again? Thank you.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring COVID Vaccination Information to the NHS

I've seen it reported, but can't find a thread either, that folks returning from the US and/or Canada can produce proof of vaccination at their GP office and have it registered with the NHS. Whether or not that will be enough to get a vaccine e-certificate on the NHS app is unclear. My wife and I had our 2nd jab as part of a vaccine trial so until we are unblinded next year we won't know which vaccine we received as our 2nd dose. Our NHS records show the dates of the 2 doses and because we don't know type and batch number the app vaccine certificate only shows the first one. The same goes for if you had 1 of your doses in Scotland and 1 in England, the vaccine app e-certificate does not show fully vaccinated.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vh3
I apologise if this has been asked before but the search function would not cooperate. Is there a way of entering your Canadian COVID vaccination information once we return to the UK? Or do we have to go through the process of getting jabbed again? Thank you.
Everything I’ve read in various forums seems to say that while it’s possible for a GP to enter the information on to the system, the next step, of inputting on to the app, is where the system fails, I think because it doesn’t recognize the Canadian location where you got your shot.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 1:11 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

In practice, what are the implications? I’m fully vaccinated in New York. I have the CDC card, and the online NYS Excelsior Pass. If I’m in England, what can I not do if my vaccinated status is not recorded with the NHS? (I was resident in England until June 2020, then returned to US to be with family, hope to return to UK soonish.)
Old Aug 26th 2021, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
In practice, what are the implications? I’m fully vaccinated in New York. I have the CDC card, and the online NYS Excelsior Pass. If I’m in England, what can I not do if my vaccinated status is not recorded with the NHS? (I was resident in England until June 2020, then returned to US to be with family, hope to return to UK soonish.)
I suppose the only implication could be for travel at present.
The hope for those of us in Canada, which is stubbornly staying Amber, was that by having data accepted and in the app, we would escape quarantine. Coming from the US, you’re accepted by the UK if fully vaccinated so it doesn’t affect you in the same way.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
If you qualify for a booster shot in future it will probably be easier if your previous vaccinations are recorded in your NHS history. Whether you are called by your GP's office for a Covid vaccine or book your own at a pharmacy (Chemist) or vaccination center or do a walk-in you have to provide your NHS number so they can check your record.