Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Transfering money from Canada to UK

Transfering money from Canada to UK

Old Apr 18th 2022, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

joleah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfering money from Canada to UK

I am so confused we leave for UK on 23 April house sale closes on 2 May if funds are deposited into our Canadian bank account how do we transfer to UK account,We should be able to open a Uk account when we arrive we have a UK address,I have heard we can do a global money transfer bank to bank.Just spoke to BMO said transfer fees were $15 for this but that dosnt seem right.......................
Old Apr 18th 2022, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfering money from Canada to UK

Exactly what doesn’t seem right? Does the bank know you’ll not be in Canada when the money reaches your account?
If so, do you know what you then need to do to transfer the money? Usually there’s a limit to what you can transfer in one go - do you know what that is?
Old Apr 18th 2022, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfering money from Canada to UK

You said on April 1st that you had already set up a Wise account. Is this bank to bank transfer something different to using Wise to move your money? $15 fee to wire money from your Canadian bank sounds reasonable to me if that is what is being referred to.