Reload this Page >

Is a Static Mobile Home classified as a “permanent residency?”

Is a Static Mobile Home classified as a “permanent residency?”

Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

The doc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is a Static Mobile Home classified as a “permanent residency?”

Hi everyone, first posting.

My wife and I are retired and planning on buying a property in Florida. We will be living in our Static Mobile Home for 6 months of the year here in the UK and hopefully 6 months in Florida.

I know we will need to provide proof of a permanent residency here in the UK to meet the Visa requirements; however we will need to sell our home to fund the purchase of the Florida property.

We still have our sons living and working in the UK and they both have their own properties.

Question: Is my Static Mobile Home classified as a “permanent residency” when applying for a B2 visa to prove ties in the UK?

Thank you in advance for any supportive advice.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is a Static Mobile Home classified as a “permanent residency?”

You may find posting this in the US visa forum more helpful as that's where the experts on B2 visas hangout. :-)
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom
You may find posting this in the US visa forum more helpful as that's where the experts on B2 visas hangout. :-)
He has posted this in the US forums a day or so ago. Why is the UK forum not helpful in determining if the mobile home is considered a residence in the UK? That's his main problem. If the UK determines it is his permanent home, then the US has no problem with it. All the US needs is their mailing address. They don't ask what type of home you live in.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Whether it’s a mansion or a tent is irrelevant. The OP has misunderstood the requirement.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The doc

My wife and I are retired and planning on buying a property in Florida. We will be living in our Static Mobile Home for 6 months of the year here in the UK and hopefully 6 months in Florida.

I know we will need to provide proof of a permanent residency here in the UK to meet the Visa requirements; however we will need to sell our home to fund the purchase of the Florida property.

We still have our sons living and working in the UK and they both have their own properties.

Question: Is my Static Mobile Home classified as a “permanent residency” when applying for a B2 visa to prove ties in the UK?

Have you looked into the cost of Healthcare Insurance? It gets more expensive and much harder to obtain as one gets older.

I realise you posted in the US Immigration forum and was then advised to post in this forum. I advise opening a thread in the US Trailer Park forum re the pros and cons of buying a place in Florida...there is much to consider.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:15 pm
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The doc

Hello The doc,

Please refer to Annex A in the following link which you may find of use:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...dence-test-srt
Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopNik
Hello The doc,

Please refer to Annex A in the following link which you may find of use:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...dence-test-srt
The OP also needs to look at the implications of US taxes.