TOR question

Old Aug 17th 2019, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

MartinBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TOR question

I've been talking to a moving company to ship our stuff over from the US to the UK and they said we would need to complete a TOR first - I must admit I'd never heard of this before - but they sent me a link to the UK Customs website.

Looking at the questions and I'm stuck already on importing our pet - a dog

The question says "Pet passport and identification details" - but the US does not have a Pet Passport scheme.

Anyone else had this experience ? What did you put?

Another question I'm stuck on is "Provide evidence of previous residence such as a utility bill/mortgage/rental agreement (at least 6 months old)" - this is when I lived in the UK but that was with my parents so I didn't have any utility bills etc - I did have a mobile phone bill - would that suffice?

Thanks
Old Aug 18th 2019, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Bikeski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TOR question

For the pet question, I recently applied (returning from Canada) and just put the ID I had available to me - which was the microchip number, breed and colour. I got my TOR number 8 days later, so it seemed to work.
Old Sep 9th 2019, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

BritInBergenNJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TOR question

We're doing a similar move with our cats. Just spoke to Virgin Atlantic Cargo on this very subject, and they said to use the pet's microchip number on the TOR form. We'll be getting stamped health certificates as well, but we cannot apply for these until max 10 days before travel.