British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   ToR process delayed by up to a month ATM (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/tor-process-delayed-up-month-atm-925469/)

sicklyman Jun 3rd 2019 4:26 am

ToR process delayed by up to a month ATM

Hi all... just in case anyone else is returning to the UK this summer, be aware that applications for Transfer of Relief on any goods you ship back are delayed significantly at the moment.

The standard response is 14 working days. However, I submitted ours on the 30th of April and called this week to be told that they are still working through applications from the 20th of April. They told me to call back in a week. Good thing we don't leave until early July.

Be aware also that the phone number in the email you'll get on application has changed. It's now 0300 322 7064 and extension 4 (I think). However, you can easily wait 20 mins on hold and, if it's particularly busy, you'll just get a message saying to call back later and then it will cut you off. Have patience...

All is not lost if you don't get your ToR reference number before your shipment arrives however. If you do get one even after it arrives, you can claim any duty you pay back.

sicklyman Jun 11th 2019 12:04 pm

Re: ToR process delayed by up to a month ATM

just got our ToR approved a ref for our shipping agent to use on the customs form. Shipping company come tomorrow so good timing, but it ended up taking 32 working days!

Squareslice Jun 12th 2019 2:11 pm

Just been told the same myself. I was told it was unlikely I will get my ToR reference number in time. The best course of action, I was advised, may be to contact my shipping company to calculate my duty and pay for it before it arrives and use form C285 to claim it back. Not sure what the duty is.

LBelyk Jun 25th 2019 6:35 pm

Just wondering, the number to call is international isn't it? Those of you that have called, do you have an international calling plan?

durham_lad Jun 25th 2019 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by LBelyk (Post 12702755)
Just wondering, the number to call is international isn't it? Those of you that have called, do you have an international calling plan?

when we went through this we simply signed up with Skype to make calls and it was 2.3c/min at the time. Excellent quality, just like making a regular telephone call.

LBelyk Jun 26th 2019 4:37 pm

durham_lad Thanks, that's good to know. I may have to do that.

Farmboy1892 Jul 3rd 2019 12:54 pm

Good Morning Folks,

I Sent my TOR document off about 3 weeks ago via the email address on the form. I sent it all the documents required from the screen of the copier machine in my office and hope that they would contact me via the details which I included in my form?
We leave Canada for the UK on the 9th of August so hoping everything goes through ok.
As yet I have not received even a confirmation email to say that the documents were received.
What do you guys advise that I do as next steps?

Kind Regards

Farmboy

LBelyk Jul 5th 2019 2:21 am

Just wanted to let everyone know there is hope, we got our number this week and it was just under 3 weeks exactly from the time we applied to when they gave us the number. Farmboy1892 we did receive a confirmation email, right after we sent our application. Maybe you need to call them? I read elsewhere that it's very important to put your name in the subject line of the email, which they of course don't mention with the application, just like most important information.