TOR - Attachment Limits?

Old May 30th 2019, 3:18 am
Just Joined

TonyandGill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TOR - Attachment Limits?

Hi all

Newbie here

We are moving back to the UK (from Australia) in September and have just been told about TOR. AARGH!

I read in another post that there is an attachment limit of 6mb when submitting the application. Is this still true?

I'm up to 4mb so far and that's without the Inventory of Goods.

I wonder if zipped files are an option.

Any thoughts?

Old May 31st 2019, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOR - Attachment Limits?

Yes, TOR is a nightmare. I think the limit still applies. I think you can send your info in several emails as the limit is per email. So you say email 1, email 2, etc.
Old May 31st 2019, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

TonyandGill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Yes, TOR is a nightmare. I think the limit still applies. I think you can send your info in several emails as the limit is per email. So you say email 1, email 2, etc.
Thanks and yes it is still a nightmare and still a limit of 6mb.

Given that I hadn't received the usual "auto response" to my initial submission, I rang the ToR department for advice. After 6 attempts, each ending in being cut off as "all lines are busy", and being put on hold for 20 minutes when I did get through, the chap at the other end said "oh yeah - we get that a lot. Just send it in two or more batches" !

Why don't they just tell people of the limits in the explanatory blurb on the website?

Grr
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TonyandGill
Thanks and yes it is still a nightmare and still a limit of 6mb.

Given that I hadn't received the usual "auto response" to my initial submission, I rang the ToR department for advice. After 6 attempts, each ending in being cut off as "all lines are busy", and being put on hold for 20 minutes when I did get through, the chap at the other end said "oh yeah - we get that a lot. Just send it in two or more batches" !

Why don't they just tell people of the limits in the explanatory blurb on the website?

Grr
Yes, that would be so helpful, wouldn't it! Would also save them lots of time currently used in answering this question and explaining the problem....
Old Jun 1st 2019, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

dragonfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TonyandGill
Hi all

Newbie here

We are moving back to the UK (from Australia) in September and have just been told about TOR. AARGH!

I read in another post that there is an attachment limit of 6mb when submitting the application. Is this still true?

I'm up to 4mb so far and that's without the Inventory of Goods.

I wonder if zipped files are an option.

Any thoughts?
Can I ask you why your attachment is so big volume?
I do not understand.. What kind of attachment do you submit if you don't mind?