ToR Address

Old Oct 18th 2019, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

chickenpies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ToR Address

I tried to search this and a lot of the answers seem dated so I wanted to ask just in case.

I have two questions -
1, If I don't have an address yet, can I use a temporary address? If I give them my email address, will they nevertheless post anything to this address?
2. For the list of things, do I need to include the value of them? Is the value the current market value or the receipt?

Thanks guys....
Old Oct 18th 2019, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ToR Address

Originally Posted by chickenpies View Post
I tried to search this and a lot of the answers seem dated so I wanted to ask just in case.

I have two questions -
1, If I don't have an address yet, can I use a temporary address? If I give them my email address, will they nevertheless post anything to this address?
2. For the list of things, do I need to include the value of them? Is the value the current market value or the receipt?

Thanks guys....
We used my sister’s address as we hadn’t signed a lease for a house until after we landed. Once we had the actual address I informed the shipping company of the new address. No paper mail. The same happened over a year later when our son moved back, except he used our address on the ToR. Again, no paper mail.

I can’t remember what value we used for the goods on the ToR. We certainly didn’t have receipts for everything.
Old Nov 4th 2019, 10:24 am
Just Joined

usasunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by durham_lad View Post

We used my sister’s address as we hadn’t signed a lease for a house until after we landed. Once we had the actual address I informed the shipping company of the new address. No paper mail. The same happened over a year later when our son moved back, except he used our address on the ToR. Again, no paper mail.

I can’t remember what value we used for the goods on the ToR. We certainly didn’t have receipts for everything.
So if I am landing to the UK with the airbnb we can use that address then"?
Old Nov 4th 2019, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usasunshine View Post

I would think so, after all it is where you are going to be living and it will be your contact address until you find somewhere more permanent.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usasunshine View Post
That's what I'm using, we won't have a rental until we land and look at houses, apply etc and so on. I think it's more just to prove you are staying in the UK per se. Once you do have a permanent address as someone else said, just update via shipping