Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Tonsillitis Before going home!

Tonsillitis Before going home!

Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Tonsillitis Before going home!

Just what I didn't want, a bout of tonsillitis, should be packing and sorting instead I am taking penicillin tablets and in bed! Third lot in the last 3 months.
Sorry on a downer and need some sympathy.

Hows everyone else doing with bugs and illnesses?

Plants
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:06 am

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tonsillitis Before going home!

Sending sympathy and hope you're soon feeling better.

Bacterial pneumonia is going around here (S. East Virginia) at the moment.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Plants

sorry to hear you're ill again! Hope you get better soon.

My son had tonsilitis a little while ago and we had to cancel some flights we had booked! He used to get it quite a lot until ten years ago, then it suddenly stopped.

To be honest, we've had all sorts of illnesses and allergies since arriving here just over a year ago! I went to see a doctor a few months ago and he said 'You have a viral skin infection, which has now affected your throat and glands - Welcome to Australia'!!

Apparently we have immunity to lot of European viruses, but the bugs here are from different strains!

gd
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi Plants

sorry to hear you're ill again! Hope you get better soon.

My son had tonsilitis a little while ago and we had to cancel some flights we had booked! He used to get it quite a lot until ten years ago, then it suddenly stopped.

To be honest, we've had all sorts of illnesses and allergies since arriving here just over a year ago! I went to see a doctor a few months ago and he said 'You have a viral skin infection, which has now affected your throat and glands - Welcome to Australia'!!

Apparently we have immunity to lot of European viruses, but the bugs here are from different strains!

gd

Thanks for that.

Crikey they dont tell you these things when you are emigrating do they! I suppose we just dont think about it do we. Hope your all feeling well now though.

Plants
Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Thanks for that.

Crikey they dont tell you these things when you are emigrating do they! I suppose we just dont think about it do we. Hope your all feeling well now though.

Plants
Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope that you get better ASAP. A long haul flight is hard enough when you are fighting fit..

I have to say though that since coming to Australia we have all been in great health. I haven't had any asthma issues. It is one of the things that scares hubby about me going back. Especially as in the winter I often ended up in hospital with it. Now I go running nearly every day
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:50 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Plants

sorry to hear your'e not well.....lots of coughs, colds and sickness doing the rounds here in Blighty..!! touch wood I just had laryngitis and lost my voice....lovely for many people...hubby liked the sexy sound of my rasping voice(saddo)...me it just hurt to talk.

Keep taking those fluids and get better soon...
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Plants[/QUOTE]

We've had a whole heap of nasties doing the rounds in our house. Baby has come off the worst of the lot of us, has had permanent chesty cough for about 4 months (half of her life!!!!!).

Get better soon, keep the throat lubricated
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:46 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

maybe not quite as severe a illness as you guys, but i fly home on dec 22 (visiting) - and i have had a stinking headache all day

Ant
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you (all) feel better soon! My boys both had adenoid infections last week and I've had a severe cold for about a week now. Feeling much better today but still haven't got my voice back properly. Have to go to a new client site tomorrow too . I felt really stupid in the mall yesterday being asked how I was about 27 times and trying to reply "good" whilst sounding like I was dying.

I have been ill a lot since living in the US, although I don't know if that's anything to do with the country or just coincidence. Seasonal allergies I CAN blame on Maryland though!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Jim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant future

Plants[/QUOTE]

Hi Plants

I have had a constant cold or sore throat since arriving in WA (2 months ago), suppose it's a good excuse to keep eating ice cream all day long!!

I hope your trip home goes well, please keep us posted on whats life like returning home.

All the best
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:48 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

My sister and I were sick all the time when we moved from Greece to the States, then from the States to Sweden. I haven't had a cold in a couple of years now though, since moving to the UK! I think it has to do with the sudden change in climate, if that makes sense. Possibly also all the stress can make you more susceptible to infections.

Get well soon everyone

-Becs