This time tomorrow...

Old May 2nd 2008, 8:59 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This time tomorrow...

Originally Posted by horrigans
Hi Jo, nope! But we did go on the smaller Airbus kinda planes with Etihad Airways and I reckon they were much newer and better quality than the ones Singapore Airlines has been using.

So anyhoo... we're back! HOORAY!!! Lovely, lovely spring sunshiny day today and I can't describe the relief at being here! Imagine grown woman realising she's seeing spring blossom driving back from Heathrow down the M4 and suddenly starting crying with happiness. C'est moi.

Phew, phew, phew!! Tomorrow is buying car day. The rest of the week is 'hunt for rental' week. Fingers crossed we'll start getting properly sorted out soon. At least my old job has started again (and I work from home so that's one less thing to worry about!) and life is almost starting to feel like real life again.

Sarah (who keeps smiling at inappropriate moments just because she's so pleased to be home)
So so pleased for you H

I can relate to the crying thing too. When i was back there last year I had to drive through Kent with my son in law. Poor lad didnt know what to do when his mother in law burst into a big blubbering sob at the sight of all the tall hedgerows, hanging baskets and rolling hillsides.

You just keep smiling!
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on making it back home. Hope you're enjoying the glorious bank holiday. I woke up this morning to cooing wood doves and beautiful sunshine. Bliss. And for the record, I still cry when I walk to the bus and see all the countryside - saw lambs a few weeks ago, and it really set me off. Really embarrassing in a bus surrounded by students!

Anyway, I hope this move back works out for you after your difficult time away.

Tara
Old May 4th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Sarah

How are you settling in? I bet you are still blissfully happy and content. Gosh I wish it was us the business completed and Nathan has two more days of training left and then its just renovate for the next 3 weeks and then we should be on the market. I am getting to get slightly nervous about not being able to sell and not having an income anymore but fingers, toes and everything crossed it sells.

Nothing has changed this end other that my hubby now really looking forward to coming home to.

anyway keep in touch
Nicola
Old May 4th 2008, 5:52 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nicola411
Nothing has changed this end other that my hubby now really looking forward to coming home to.

Isn't it funny how they do a u-turn eh? Mine's the same now. He can't wait to get back and start his plumbing training!

Just gotta sell the pesky house
Old May 4th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

JAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to all

... we'll be on a plane and be just about at Singapore on the way back to the UK. Can't wait to actually be doing that bit of all of this... it feels like it's been a very very very long road to get to this point even though after making the decision to leave it all happened pretty quickly. Can't say I'm not feeling nervous about our future - this whole thing has put a massive strain on our relationship and there are still some big issues to resolve, but at least we're moving forward together.

So, bye bye to Queensland... hello to England. There are some things I'll miss... but I definitely don't mind saying bye bye mozzies. Bye bye snakes. Bye bye massive spiders. Bye bye heat stroke. Bye bye sweating my backside off in the humidity. Bye bye rubbish telly. Bye bye shouty adverts. Bye bye to sunsets which happen in the blink of an eye. Bye bye screechy birds at 5am.

It's been an experience...

Thank you to everyone who understood when I was feeling trapped here. It made a huge difference to me.

Sarah
Best of luck to you. Its a happy ending. Wish it was me
Old May 4th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Isn't it funny how they do a u-turn eh? Mine's the same now. He can't wait to get back and start his plumbing training!

Yeah it is weird isnt it. I do also think it has alot to do with him having told all his friends and family so now he doesent feel like a failure. Maybe it also has something to do with us getting along great again since we have all decided we are going home. I dont know to be honest Tracey but one thing is for sure we are all going home as soon as we have sold up and none of us can wait.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:40 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Tee hee, quoll! Glad it's not just me that's bonkers. My husband thought I'd lost the plot yesterday when we were on the motorway and I was crying at how beautiful the scenery off the M4 was!

Sarah
Hi Sarah

Just read your last thread when you were fighting to get back to the UK-I am so happy for you that you are now back where you belong

The crying definitely isn't mad-I got tears in my eyes this morning when my husband found some shells in a coat pocket from our last Cornish holiday in St Ives. They are so much prettier than the crappy shells I have collected here & brought on so many emotions haha daft hey..

Best of luck!
Jools
Old May 8th 2008, 4:48 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine too he really is starting to come round to my way of thinking at last i mentioned too him the other night all he seems to do is work here!! he worked hard in the uk but not as nearly as much as this! he agreed but did say i needed to stop going on at him as he was thinking the same way as me so im going to keep my mouth shut now dont want him digging his heels in!!

my aim is too get back july 2009 need to save first.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kez81
mine too he really is starting to come round to my way of thinking at last i mentioned too him the other night all he seems to do is work here!! he worked hard in the uk but not as nearly as much as this! he agreed but did say i needed to stop going on at him as he was thinking the same way as me so im going to keep my mouth shut now dont want him digging his heels in!!

my aim is too get back july 2009 need to save first.
Good Luck Kez,
Once you have a goal date in mind it does seem to get alot easier I think.

Nicola
Old May 8th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey, how long is the plumbing training for? I hear they are fast tracking a lot of trades over there due to a shortage in certain trades.