British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Tier 2 English language proficiency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/tier-2-english-language-proficiency-920957/)

buddiemm Jan 12th 2019 6:10 am

Tier 2 English language proficiency

Good morning Britinparis and all other professionals here. Please I want to make an enquiry and its very urgent please. I am making this enquiry from Nigeria. I went to the UK in 2012 as a Tier 2 (minister of religion) migrant but I came back to Nigeria without extending my visa. I provided my degree certificate then to meet 10 points for English language. I just got another job again in the UK as a Tier 2(MINISTER OF RELIGION) migrant and want to reapply for entry clearance. My question is this: Did I still have to send my degree certificate to UK NARIC for assessment inorder to meet the English language requirement or I don't need to send my certificate to the UKNARIC again once I have met English language requirement in my previous grant of leave as a tier 2 minister of religion migrant. Thanks.

BritInParis Jan 12th 2019 9:29 am

Re: Tier 2 English language proficiency

You’ll need to demonstrate you meet the English language requirement again for this application so if you were completed a university degree outside the UK where the language of instruction was English then you’ll need to have it assessed by NARIC in order to use it to meet the English language requirement.

buddiemm Jan 12th 2019 11:16 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12620388)
You’ll need to demonstrate you meet the English language requirement again for this application so if you were completed a university degree outside the UK where the language of instruction was English then you’ll need to have it assessed by NARIC in order to use it to meet the English language requirement.

Thanks for your response Britinparis. I read in the guidance that if someone had previous grant of leave as a Tier 2 minister of religion migrant they will be given 10 points automatically for English language proficiency when applying again for entry clearance. When I was granted the Tier 2 leave I presented my degree certificate and a letter from my university as part of the requirements then to meet the English language requirement. But there is a section in the guidance which is titled PREVIOUS GRANT OF LEAVE and it says anyone who has ever been granted leave on a Tier 2 category will be given 10 points without presenting the proof

inggris Jan 16th 2019 5:32 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12620388)

If a non-EEA national has an Irish (Public) university degree (where the language of instruction is English), does he/she need to have it assessed by NARIC in order to use it to meet the English language requirement for Tier 2 visa?

BritInParis Jan 16th 2019 1:07 pm

buddiemm: I need to check that and get back to you.

Originally Posted by inggris (Post 12622309)
If a non-EEA national has an Irish (Public) university degree (where the language of instruction is English), does he/she need to have it assessed by NARIC in order to use it to meet the English language requirement for Tier 2 visa?

The Republic of Ireland, yes. If the non-EEA national is a citizen of a majority English speaking country (like the US or Australia) then meet the English language requirement by virtue of their citizenship.

buddiemm Jan 18th 2019 8:33 pm

Ok. Please let me know when you check sir. Thanks.

BritInParis Feb 4th 2019 12:08 am

Originally Posted by buddiemm (Post 12623802)
Ok. Please let me know when you check sir. Thanks.

Where did you obtain your degree?