Wikiposts

Tier 1

Old May 19th 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tier 1

Hello folks..firstly I am not even sure if i am in the right forum so please let me know if this thread needs to be moved to elsewhere. I was wondering, under the Tier 1 (Highly Skilled Worker category), is this visa a permanent residency for the UK? Furthermore, if it is not, how easy is it to obtain residency in the UK once you get in under this category?

Thanks
Old May 22nd 2010, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tier 1

Can someone pleeeease help me with this question?
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jammy123
Can someone pleeeease help me with this question?
Many people on here probably wont know the answer as they are mostly British people who dont need visas for the UK.

You are best checking here ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk the answer looks to be no, but you can apply for such later.

Or finding a forum for immigration to the UK.
Old May 22nd 2010, 10:54 am
Account Closed

penury is an unknown quantity at this point

Shelly makes a good point

Suggest that you direct your question to the foum linked here

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?...&topic=51332.0

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=52415.0

good luck
Old May 22nd 2010, 4:56 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

the years you spend in the UK on a Tier 1 visa count towards your residency, but Tier 1 visas are usually issued for a couple of years max (and then you can renew, provided you're still eligible), and the requirement for residency is 6 years.

The UK visa site recommended above has a lot of information. There is also a UK Resident Forum (try google) with migration experts providing advice.