Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

For those requiring urgent assistance

For those requiring urgent assistance

Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those requiring urgent assistance

Great work PP!

I think the idea of a group helping women who are stranded abroad is a fantastic one - I can imagine there are many women who have been isolated and most likely abused and lack the wherewithall to get home. Sorry to exclude the chaps but I think the likelihood of a similar situation for them would be far less.

Lots of moral support from me, sorry it cant be more practical!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Great work PP!

I think the idea of a group helping women who are stranded abroad is a fantastic one - I can imagine there are many women who have been isolated and most likely abused and lack the wherewithall to get home. Sorry to exclude the chaps but I think the likelihood of a similar situation for them would be far less.

Lots of moral support from me, sorry it cant be more practical!
Moral support is equally important IMO.

Anything can be of help - a lift to/from airport, an offer to get a few groceries, advice from health/government professionals, housing advice - anything at all.

Beth, I can help you with forms and stuff if you like?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Bethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to behold

Hello PP

Crossed a few more things off my 'To do list' today Don't like clock watching so came on BE to help pass the time away before i make necessary calls to the UK. I decided to browse around the site for a little while and just finished reading a thread about food in the USA. I ended up laughing hysterically at some of the comments LOL. Ahhhh it's good to laugh again, it sure helped take my mind of things for a little while

Thanks for the offer of forms etc, i think i will be ok as far as that goes. Although i'm aware a lot has changed since i was last in England....so i may just take you up on that (only if needed though) Thank's PP

Must admit the old nerves are kicking in (50mins to go) not sure if its fear, or excitement....probably a bit of both huh, lol. If it's not too late i will try and post an update regards the phone calls before i go to bed (going to be a long night) if not tonight, will promise to update you tomorrow...ok. Not sure what time it is where you are and unsure of wether to say nite nite or good morning....either way...god bless...and as always. Thank you

Love Beth
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:15 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates Beth?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Owais is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to all,

I need your assistance, my brother arrived UK in 2005 for MS, after completing his MS he applied for Canada immigration and he got a workpermit in UK, but after 2 years he had to return to his homeland, he inform the Canada embassy about it but did not transfer his case from UK to Pakistan. Now he got a letter from Canada Embassy to submitt his passport for Visa within 60 days that is 15th of February. For that he has to apply for UK visit visa, so he submitted his application for UK visit visa on 25th of November and have not yet get any replay, i think they put his request under security check.

Can you tell me how much time the security check will take or is there any contact no to get the feedback from.

I would be desperately waiting for suggestions

Thanks

Owais
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Owais - Can I ask you to start another thread in the "Canada Immigration' section of this website? Your question is currently on a thread relating to domestic violence - and is also currently in the "Moving Back to the UK" section too. I do not think your question will be seen by people who can answer you
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:58 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all i don't know if this is the right place but here goes:

We are on the sunshine coast and we just CANNOT find work.

OH is a plumber but would do anything - ie driving, storesman, maintenance, labour etc

And i also need work pt or casual ANYTHING! admin, retail etc

It may not seem a life or death situation but if we cannot find work in the next 6wk we have to go back to the uK.

can anyone that knows anyone in Oz have a word, we will even relocate for a plumbing job!

Thanks all x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:14 am

I have been thinking about Beth all morning, her plans must be well underway now - hopefully.

Keep us updated Beth - we are thinking about you.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:41 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have been thinking about Beth all morning, her plans must be well underway now - hopefully.

Keep us updated Beth - we are thinking about you.
I keep checking in incase she has posted an update. I'm hoping she's busy tying up loose ends and getting ready to go.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Christine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I keep checking in incase she has posted an update. I'm hoping she's busy tying up loose ends and getting ready to go.
I too have been checking in lots to see how Beth is getting on. i am hoping that you are right and she is just busy busy busy.
Good luck with everything Beth!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

This is a fictional book set in the US, but it is about an alcoholic parent and domestic violence, told from a 12-year-old's point of view. It *really* brings the issues home.

http://www.amazon.com/Tall-Tales-Kar...2606985&sr=8-3
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to beholdBethv7 is a splendid one to behold

Hi PP and everyone.

So sorry for the delay in posting, been thinking of you all every single day (i missed you too) Just wanted to let you know ive posted an update on my thread

Lots of love and (((hugs)))
Beth

Last edited by Bethv7; Jan 22nd 2009 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:35 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to add my support to any one going through the domestic violence thing. I found Christian Family Aid to be a wonderful group when I needed them. They turned me round found me a safe home and put me back on my feet within a matter of months.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:56 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

I am so sorry, i hadn't read the previous posts and feel awful for posting my problem when i realise what this poor woman is going through. I hope that i have not offended anyone
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Fleaflyfloflum;7182836]Fab work PP!!

I was thinking of setting something up in the UK for British women stranded abroad, but in reality it would be a while before I could focus on it as we would need to settle ourselves first.
I reckon there are thousands of women in various countries across the globe trapped like this. Especially with all the internet dating sites and unscrupulous men luring these women away with false promises.

This is a brilliant idea. Perhaps as a first step we could try and raise a contact for each country on this forum - I would certainly be prepared to be a contact in Portugal (not so far from the UK I know, but destitution and desperation can strike in any country).

Perhaps all these useful links that people have posted could be collated by the moderators and left up permanently in this section of the forum?

I am starting to realise (as a newcomer) what a powerful tool a forum like this can be for promoting resourcefulness and giving moral support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.