Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:28 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

What a woman great news
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:39 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Good news.. Hope she keeps improving..
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
More thanks, gotta tell all of you, kind wishes & prayers, really help. Feel, like I have a team with me. Never realised how much getting these messages, PMS, Karma, emails & phone calls, is so uplifting.
You do have a team with you, Frank. We're all sending positive thoughts your way.

My grandfather turned 101 in July and is in amazing shape for his age. You never know, she may surprise you yet.

When things get tough, just know that there are many here who care about you and support you all the way. I mean that with all my heart.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Those tough old woman, they helped beat the might of the German army. Lets hope tomorrow, is an even better day.

Best guys.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
You do have a team with you, Frank. We're all sending positive thoughts your way.

My grandfather turned 101 in July and is in amazing shape for his age. You never know, she may surprise you yet.

When things get tough, just know that there are many here who care about you and support you all the way. I mean that with all my heart.
101 God Bless His Cotton Socks.

Thanks for kind words.

Reg
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:04 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Those tough old woman, they helped beat the might of the German army. Lets hope tomorrow, is an even better day.

Best guys.
Yeah, that's my Mom- I call her a tough oldtime Yankee which doesn't go down well here in Georgia, but fellow New Englanders would know what I mean.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

More thanks, gotta tell all of you, kind wishes & prayers, really help. Feel, like I have a team with me. Never realised how much getting these messages, PMS, Karma, emails & phone calls, is so uplifting.

Went to see mother today, nurse says was dressed at 9.30am & walking. Eating meals all day . Yesterday we were signing DNR's, was all over. Chest infection, blood clot, low oxygen & breathing problems. She is Wonder Woman, the British bulldog, whatever is in her blood I want some. Even hospital said amazing. Still drips & oxygen. This is a roller coaster.
Was all over, last night, chest infection, blood clot, low oxygen.

She lives to fight another day.
In 14 months, since I saw her last, she has really aged, now frail old lady, 94 pounds dripping wet
Will be back there tomorrow, Wife is now arriving on Thursday am.

Frank R
Amazing

Get some rest Frank and start enjoying your trip a little bit more....that custard and spotted dick is still waiting for you
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Wishing your Mum the speediest of recoveries bless her
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:26 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you. Hope your Mum continues with a speedy recovery.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she got through the operation and post op Frank. I'm sure you have helped in her recovery so far and just having you there will have helped. Try and rest and your wife will be a support for you when she arrives also. Keep us posted as to how she's doing and there are a lot of people thinking of you and sending prayers so hang on in there. God bless
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:38 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, Frank! Englishwomen are a tough breed! I wish mum a speedy recovery and peace of mind for you.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:45 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Frank! Yep she sounds like a true fighter

As for having a team with you, how true that is! The support people give each other on this site is amazing and just knowing that there's people rooting for you makes the burden so much more easier to carry

Don't forget to look after YOU while this is ongoing. Best wishes to your Mum for a speedy recovery
Old Sep 21st 2010, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Frank!

Best of luck. My 85 year old Mother fell and broke her hip two years ago, whilst I was out on a trip.

A phone call was made to the Hospital where she was at, and they assured me that she would be just fine - They were right.

I flew over a couple of weeks later and she was in really good shape, considering what she had gone through. Hope she has a good crew in the hospital.

All the best!

Jim.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just ate two current buns (tea cakes) with thick butter. Ready to take on the world.

Thanks a lot guys,

Reg. Frank
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just ate two current buns (tea cakes) with thick butter. Ready to take on the world.

Thanks a lot guys,

Reg. Frank
Followed up with 2 Eccles Cakes (Dead Flie Cakes).

Wheres the tums & Malox

Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.