Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Got call from big brother today, dear old mother "94", fell broke her hip. Of course every elder persons, nightmare. Tough or no recovery. She is in hospital, they trying to decide if how what to do, ticker not up to full anesthetic, so maybe epidural, fix hip, or do nowt pack her off to Nursing home. Mother still lives on own, 2 story house, was out shopping "94". Gotta love it.

We were scheduled to go home for visit 9/26, looking at me going next few days, her at home still coming 9/26. Big brother says don't need to come home yet, come as scheduled. Yet he is stressed & doing it all on his own. its sad & the gilt.

Thanks for listening, others can't understand this stuff, they don't live 4000 miles from home.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Originally Posted by frrussre
Got call from big brother today, dear old mother "94", fell broke her hip. Of course every elder persons, nightmare. Tough or no recovery. She is in hospital, they trying to decide if how what to do, ticker not up to full anesthetic, so maybe epidural, fix hip, or do nowt pack her off to Nursing home. Mother still lives on own, 2 story house, was out shopping "94". Gotta love it.

We were scheduled to go home for visit 9/26, looking at me going next few days, her at home still coming 9/26. Big brother says don't need to come home yet, come as scheduled. Yet he is stressed & doing it all on his own. its sad & the gilt.

Thanks for listening, others can't understand this stuff, they don't live 4000 miles from home.

Reg. Frank R.
Hi Frank...I'm sorry to hear about your mum. As you know I went through the same with my mum last year...so I fully understand what you're going through. My 90 year old aunt also broke her hip 5 years ago.

PM me anytime Frank.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:11 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Aww sorry you got the dreaded call. What a woman living on her own and shopping at 94. I hope they can do a repair so she doesn't have to go and live as a dependent in the nursing home, at least she'll be able to get about with a new hip and have some independence even if it is getting up for the loo and picking her own chair for dinner. Bless!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Frank very sorry this has happened. Try not to beat yourself up over it but I think you maybe right to be thinking of going home earlier than you planned.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, we all know every little comment & gesture helps in these circumstances.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Frank. As others have said it's wonderful that she was so independent up to that point. I'm sure she'll get good care but you might feel better to get over there earlier. All best wishes for her speedy recovery xx
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your Mum. How wonderful that she is so independent at 94. I am so thankful I was able to spend so much time with my mum before she passed away this year - I would advise you to go home. Even if you're not needed, you'll all feel better if you get there. I hope she's comfortable - and don't count her out, some of these oldies are bulletproof!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you at such a hard time, do what your heart tells you too.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:21 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your Mum recovers soon and you are able to make all arrangements to be there without too much stress.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by augigi
Sorry about your Mum. How wonderful that she is so independent at 94. I am so thankful I was able to spend so much time with my mum before she passed away this year - I would advise you to go home. Even if you're not needed, you'll all feel better if you get there. I hope she's comfortable - and don't count her out, some of these oldies are bulletproof!
Bulletproof, yep she got bombed out 3 times, WW11. Picked up the bits & moved.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:36 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear that F - hope she gets better soonest and that you can do whatever you feel you need to regarding the trip.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you Frank. Please feel free to pop on here whenever you need to just get it out. Wishing only the best for you and your mother.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Frank...hoping everything works out for the best
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks for those kind words, every bit helps.

Changed the flight to Wednesday 9/15 eve, so all willing will get there, on Thursday.

Thanks again.

Frank R.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you are getting home so you can be of some help quicker. Distance from family can be a blessing and a curse. Hope your mum recovers well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.