Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

think I opened a can of worms with n400

Wikiposts

think I opened a can of worms with n400

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 8:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: think I opened a can of worms with n400

Originally Posted by i11m10c2
Yes that was the plan go back turn in GC wait 6 months and then reaply for spouse visa.
Im sorry if what im talking about isnt making sense but im completly freaked out and I am just trying to find a work around that is easier than the removal process
Have you had a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney yet, like everyone here is suggesting? A highly qualified ex-immigration attorney has posted on this thread that he feels you have a chance at becoming a USC, but it seems to involve the removal process and then somehow canceling that process. With this idea in mind, have a consultation with an immigration attorney who has experience in this particular part of immigration. Present this idea to him and see what he can do for you. It might not be cheap or quick, but I guess the question is, do you want to try to become a USC or not? If not, then no big deal...you can move back to the UK (keeping in mind that you might not be able to immigrate to the USA in the future). If it's important for you to become a USC, then you need an attorney. This isn't something you should try to do yourself.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 2nd 2013 at 8:03 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

i11m10c2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Quite often, a case will have a "balancing of equities" for the exercise of discretion. OP has some quite strong positive equities from what I can see.

There is a plethora of excellent immigration attorneys in Seattle. The firm of Gibbs Houston Pauw is, to put it mildly, wonderful.
Awsome thanks for the profesional advice. I guess im done here kind tired of perfect judgemental, saints on here ive admitted what I did was looking for a suggested solution not the obvious slamming
AGain thanks I will contact them and see what I can do
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Have you had a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney yet, like everyone here is suggesting? A highly qualified ex-immigration attorney has posted on this thread that he feels you have a chance at becoming a USC, but it seems to involve the removal process and then somehow canceling that process. With this idea in mind, have a consultation with an immigration attorney who has experience in this particular part of immigration. Present this idea to him and see what he can do for you. It might not be cheap or quick, but I guess the question is, do you want to try to become a USC or not? If not, then no big deal...you can move back to the UK (keeping in mind that you might not be able to immigrate to the USA in the future). If it's important for you to become a USC, then you need an attorney. This isn't something you should try to do yourself.

Rene
Thanks for the comments I have taken the advice and I am going to consult the attorney that was recomended. THANKS for not being judgemental I know I screwed up and want to fix it the right way.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 8:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well I understand ur rant but ive filled out many I_9 and it asks for your alien number on it so im confused at how he was confused? On the otherhand im admiting to not considering the consequences and that pisses u off?
Btw I was in the army for 6 years and fought for this country and am physically disabled forever and have serious health issues because of this.so yes im of the oppinion that ive earned the right to citizenship.the papers I found were mostly computer generated and I didnt pull the" im confused" excuse I admited my fault and didnt pergur myself by doing the interview there u go theres my rant.
S I guess I should have come her and claimed ignorance to everything .I was confused.and didnt understand and maybe I wouldnt be getting slammed for admiting to screwing up.being everyone on here is perfect and it was not ther fault.

Because he did not have a number. He was a Native American (Indian) and had an Indian Tribal Card.

You are entitled to rant. Go for it. Thank you for serving America by joining its military. I'm sure you would not have done so it there were no benefit in your doing so.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 11:02 am
Banned

customsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Because he did not have a number. He was a Native American (Indian) and had an Indian Tribal Card.

You are entitled to rant. Go for it. Thank you for serving America by joining its military. I'm sure you would not have done so it there were no benefit in your doing so.
I can understand your lack of sympathy he has no one to blame but himself. But I am sorry I don't understand how your nephew in law would need relief from false claim of being a USC if he is Native American? He is an american citizen by birth isn't he? And Native Americans are also exempt from paying taxes aren't they?
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete

Realy you think I did it for a benefit! And whalt would that be? You dont get citizenship out of it not much pay and get brain damage and plates and pins in most of my extremities. I did it because I beleived in this country and nothing more.

And im confused if he is native how does he get deported and to where!
Most natives I know stay on the res get paid $3500 per family member to sit in there singlewide mobile and get drunk with a corvette and a hummer in the drive way.and the feds provide lots of new schools for them except they are all empty because they have no interest in learning because they will get paid for the rest of there lives to sit in there butt. And have immigrants do the dirty work while they whine about how 400 years ago they got screwed. Sorry pal you just hit a nerve here we have a huge problem with drunk indians with no ins coming of the res and doing whatever they want trashing property, rape drunken fights and so and nothing gets done because we cant piss of the poor natives!
One question what did he do to earn/deseve citizenship? What because he was born here.
So there ya go throw some snidy comment at somone else pal
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by customsquestion
I can understand your lack of sympathy he has no one to blame but himself. But I am sorry I don't understand how your nephew in law would need relief from false claim of being a USC if he is Native American? He is an american citizen by birth isn't he? And Native Americans are also exempt from paying taxes aren't they?
Yea woe is me I think there is something wrong with this story at least im being honest I thing somone is making it up as they go along .and if you dont contribute/work pay taxes why should they allow them.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... im of the oppinion that ive earned the right to citizenship.
With respect, no such right exists... so, your opinion doesn't really hold much weight in this regard.

I regret that you now find yourself in this position - I hope you find a way out.

Ian
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, no such right exists... so, your opinion doesn't really hold much weight in this regard.

I regret that you now find yourself in this position - I hope you find a way out.

Ian
I know I shouldnt have even made that post! I was rude and insesitive to somone that I dont know and I was not in formed of there particular situation and for that I apologize
I just get mad when somone make a comment suggesting I had some kind of ulterior motive for joining the army. Im sorry but I thought I was doing something that I beleived in supporting the constitution and the country.
Most people dont know that anywhere from 18-27% of our combined armed forces are immigrants!
And yes I think there should be citizenship for service.but your right no such law exist
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

I have a consultation with an attorney that mr Folinski recomended on tues so will see what happens.
And im sorry if I confused anyone but I am not looking for sympathy at all. Just any advice or info
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 3:06 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I have a consultation with an attorney that mr Folinski recomended on tues so will see what happens.
And im sorry if I confused anyone but I am not looking for sympathy at all. Just any advice or info
I hope they are able to help and advise of a solution to your problem.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Brando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really nice

I know I shouldnt have even made that post! I was rude and insesitive to somone that I dont know and I was not in formed of there particular situation and for that I apologize
I just get mad when somone make a comment suggesting I had some kind of ulterior motive for joining the army. Im sorry but I thought I was doing something that I beleived in supporting the constitution and the country.
Most people dont know that anywhere from 18-27% of our combined armed forces are immigrants!
And yes I think there should be citizenship for service.but your right no such law exist
Can't say I agree with that AT ALL.

But never mind that, good luck to you with all this, I hope the consultation goes well, and you can sort things out
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I think there should be citizenship for service.
I see that there is, at least, one dissenter. However, I agree with you on this. I think the US should follow the Starship Troopers lead and consider it: service guarantees citizenship. Someone who puts his life on the line for his adopted country should benefit from taking that risk. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who agrees with you on this.

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:48 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I see that there is, at least, one dissenter. However, I agree with you on this. I think the US should follow the Starship Troopers lead and consider it: service guarantees citizenship. Someone who puts his life on the line for his adopted country should benefit from taking that risk. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who agrees with you on this.

Ian
I don't disagree, but I hope that the US doesn't follow the Starship Troopers mold in other regards!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.