Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Are there particular jobs/industries more stable in the UK at the moment?

Are there particular jobs/industries more stable in the UK at the moment?

Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:16 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are there particular jobs/industries more stable in the UK at the moment?

Hi all

Was just wondering if there are particular professions that are doing OK in the UK at the moment. Yes, I know this is rather a large question .

Reason for asking is that if we are to make our move back in 2013 - which we still have absolutely no bloody clue about whether we will or not! - it gives my husband inparticular a couple of years to think about anything he might like to train in ready for the return.

He has always worked in some kind of security based role - Police Officer for 10 years in the Met - and now security at a university campus here in the States. I keep seeing things relating to IT security and thought this might be an avenue for him to consider.

OK, ramble over - any thoughts appreciated!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:52 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all
Default Re: Are there particular jobs/industries more stable in the UK at the moment?

Originally Posted by ukintexas
Hi all

Was just wondering if there are particular professions that are doing OK in the UK at the moment. Yes, I know this is rather a large question .

Reason for asking is that if we are to make our move back in 2013 - which we still have absolutely no bloody clue about whether we will or not! - it gives my husband inparticular a couple of years to think about anything he might like to train in ready for the return.

He has always worked in some kind of security based role - Police Officer for 10 years in the Met - and now security at a university campus here in the States. I keep seeing things relating to IT security and thought this might be an avenue for him to consider.

OK, ramble over - any thoughts appreciated!
The answer is probably no professions or sectors are without uncertainty in the UK.

So let me throw some things in the air given your description of your OH background.

One industry with increased business is prison where ever larger numbers of prisoners need confinement and control - although prison staff and prisons are on tight budgets because it is the public purse.

Training security maybe, given his experience in 2 countries in the business.

Just food for thought.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:14 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there particular jobs/industries more stable in the UK at the moment?

[QUOTE=J.J;9634704]The answer is probably no professions or sectors are without uncertainty in the UK.

So let me throw some things in the air given your description of your OH background.

One industry with increased business is prison where ever larger numbers of prisoners need confinement and control - although prison staff and prisons are on tight budgets because it is the public purse.

Training security maybe, given his experience in 2 countries in the business.

Just food for thought.[/QUOTE

Hadn't thought of the prison services J.J. Nice one! Thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:41 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Personal debt and default is growing in UK and along with it the recovery industry.

Consider court bailiff or private debt recovery firms