Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

thanks all for lovely going home wishes xx

thanks all for lovely going home wishes xx

Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks all for lovely going home wishes xx

Wish all of you who are heading back a safe journey too! we're taking two toddlers, four cats, two dogs and a six month pregnancy bump back to the UK . Nightmare after emigrating six months ago but so can't wait. Stupid rabies laws too mean our poor pets have to do four months quarantine (as they've had two months since their rabies tests so gutted to do that to them all but we really can't stay here . Still at least we'll be able to visit them every weekend and I will go back with a new appreciation of the UK and just how beautiful it is.

To Janet about what we miss... god the list is endless. I really hope it works out for you but for us missing familiarity family and friends was just too much. No matter what anyone says skype and webcams are just no substitute. Plus being in Brisbane nearly five months of intense heat and humidity has been so awful and just can't live our life here. I never thought I'd say I was sick of sunshine but I am! I've never stayed indoors in so many air con places with the two kids. Feel as if had stepped back in time coming here with shops, tv, etc everything. Miss the seasons every day is the same, miss the rain, miss pancake day, miss halloween, miss freezing xmas! hate having four minute showers and watching water (though will be more water savvy when we get back). Made some lovely friends out here but miss the british sense of humour and irony, etc, can't go on or would start crying. Just hope we all get back safely! will post on the other side!!! xxxxx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: thanks all for lovely going home wishes xx

at least your dogs will be company for each other and your cats too. You are not leaving them alone in a kennel.
Good luck - my word we thought our move back needed some organisation but my hat really goes off to you
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:28 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

more than welcome. You're one of the lucky ones...you're outta here!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Dear Liverbird

Good luck with your move back and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes without any hitches. Thanks for telling me your reasons for returning. I think that we will have those feelings too but hope we can think about why we are travelling halfway across the world and put those feelings into perspective. My family are older than yours and we are hoping that Australia will give them things that the UK cant. We are quite prepared for the desperate homesickness but all being well will stick with it.
Please dont think I am saying your decision is wrong. Everyone is different and each person deals with things in their own way. I heartily wish you all the luck in the world back in the UK and hope that we can survive the heat and flies and make a go of life in Australia.

Good luck
Janet x
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liver bird
Wish all of you who are heading back a safe journey too! we're taking two toddlers, four cats, two dogs and a six month pregnancy bump back to the UK . Nightmare after emigrating six months ago but so can't wait. Stupid rabies laws too mean our poor pets have to do four months quarantine (as they've had two months since their rabies tests so gutted to do that to them all but we really can't stay here . Still at least we'll be able to visit them every weekend and I will go back with a new appreciation of the UK and just how beautiful it is.

To Janet about what we miss... god the list is endless. I really hope it works out for you but for us missing familiarity family and friends was just too much. No matter what anyone says skype and webcams are just no substitute. Plus being in Brisbane nearly five months of intense heat and humidity has been so awful and just can't live our life here. I never thought I'd say I was sick of sunshine but I am! I've never stayed indoors in so many air con places with the two kids. Feel as if had stepped back in time coming here with shops, tv, etc everything. Miss the seasons every day is the same, miss the rain, miss pancake day, miss halloween, miss freezing xmas! hate having four minute showers and watching water (though will be more water savvy when we get back). Made some lovely friends out here but miss the british sense of humour and irony, etc, can't go on or would start crying. Just hope we all get back safely! will post on the other side!!! xxxxx
So pleased for you and your family, do you have a date yet. You said on the other forum it was going to cost a lot less to get home, would it be cheeky if i ask how much. When you get to the UK where will you stay and have you got jobs to go back to. I ask as these are some of the questions that worry me about going home. We also sold our house on coming out here.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:49 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liver bird

At least you will have a couple of months to sort out housing and all your furniture etc. before the pets arrive back.

You are so right about the things you miss - as nice as Australia looks there are just some things you can't replace and it's usually the little things that make the biggest difference.

I spent a lovely day in Manchester with the girls yesterday - the city is just so vibrant, the buildings are beautiful and the shops have so much choice. On the way home, hubby called me from our village pub and asked if we wanted to meet him there for dinner. Its great seeing familiar faces and chatting to people about familiar things without having to explain why I'm there, how long I've lived there and pretend how much I just love "your" wonderful country

Good luck with your return Liver bird - bet you just can't wait to see that wonderful skyline again. One of the best in the world