Wikiposts

Thank you.....

Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thank you.....

to all of the people who take the time and trouble to keep us updated when they get back to the UK

There have been a few of late and it really does lift my spirits and give me hope that it won't be doom and gloom back home.

So, big ((((((((((hug)))))))))) from me. Keep 'em coming please.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:06 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you.....

Originally Posted by TraceyW
to all of the people who take the time and trouble to keep us updated when they get back to the UK

There have been a few of late and it really does lift my spirits and give me hope that it won't be doom and gloom back home.

Tracey - It's FAB, BRILL, WONDERFUL, AMAZING, SUPER DOOPER........

Well I love it

And I'm sure you will love being back home as much as we do
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:30 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome Tracey.

As you may have read, i am not a rose tinted type of person and will happily post the bad with the good bits, but on the whole i am still extremely happy to be HOME!! Nothing beats it and i have discovered a new found patriotism for my beloved country. Once you have been out of here for a while and realise how other peoples countries function, it really makes you appreciate what you had.

Hope the wait isnt too long for you to get home.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

Its not doom n gloom back in UK. Being home again is brilliant in sooooooooooo many ways. Funny, things I didnt even realise I missed are brilliant.
An extended stint away certainly helps you see the positives in UK, warts n all.
That you have a while to wait'll make it all the sweeter to get back.

PS - Will get back to you about that area, friends who know it are away at the mo.
As you're heading to Devon................
Its a wet day here, 'am I bothered', autmnal leaves starting to turn now, green as a green thing. Umm - exeter has a new shopping centre bit and the quays been funked up a bit. What else - theres zillions of places to go near and far which after Oz is excellent central. Methinks you'll love it
Take care
xxx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Tracey - It's FAB, BRILL, WONDERFUL, AMAZING, SUPER DOOPER........

Well I love it

And I'm sure you will love being back home as much as we do
I hope so!!

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
You're welcome Tracey.

As you may have read, i am not a rose tinted type of person and will happily post the bad with the good bits, but on the whole i am still extremely happy to be HOME!! Nothing beats it and i have discovered a new found patriotism for my beloved country. Once you have been out of here for a while and realise how other peoples countries function, it really makes you appreciate what you had.

Hope the wait isnt too long for you to get home.
Finish uni on the 26th Sept 08, then that'll be it...get on that plane.

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi Tracey

Its not doom n gloom back in UK. Being home again is brilliant in sooooooooooo many ways. Funny, things I didnt even realise I missed are brilliant.
An extended stint away certainly helps you see the positives in UK, warts n all.
That you have a while to wait'll make it all the sweeter to get back.

PS - Will get back to you about that area, friends who know it are away at the mo.
As you're heading to Devon................
Its a wet day here, 'am I bothered', autmnal leaves starting to turn now, green as a green thing. Umm - exeter has a new shopping centre bit and the quays been funked up a bit. What else - theres zillions of places to go near and far which after Oz is excellent central. Methinks you'll love it
Take care
xxx
Oh I can't wait to see Devon again. I've had a nosey at that geograph site that someone put up and I searched certain areas....wow, so green and beautiful.

Thanks for checking things out for me
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:08 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Flippin' 'eck tracey just seen your '11 months and counting' can't beleive it's ONLY 11 months now - it'll fly by!!

As you know I am another one of the 'so glad to be back brigade.'

Well today it's a beautiful sunny autumnal day on the south coast - leaves are just turning a beautiful copper - it's just starting to get a bit chilly first thing in the morning and last thing at night - what a pleasure to have central heating again!

Good luck with all your plans chuck!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:29 am
Just Joined

yellowbrickroad is on a distinguished road

I just want to say the same thing as Tracey, thanks for giving us your honest opinions about returning. Its refreshing to hear it! Been in Oz for two years, have citizenship ceremony on friday next week, then returning in December. We both have jobs to go to, and are returning to the North of England - Yorkshire. Just waiting for my son to finish his exams and yr 12. Thanks again!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pommybird
Flippin' 'eck tracey just seen your '11 months and counting' can't beleive it's ONLY 11 months now - it'll fly by!!

!

I know it's not too long now, but it still feels like a lifetime away!

Glad things are still going so well for you back home. Long may it continue.

You know what I would love to do? One day, when I'm back home, is to get together with all of the people on here that I've been reading posts from over the last two years. Wouldn't that be great to all be together, back home, safe and sound...and happy. What a pee up that would be?!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yellowbrickroad
I just want to say the same thing as Tracey, thanks for giving us your honest opinions about returning. Its refreshing to hear it! Been in Oz for two years, have citizenship ceremony on friday next week, then returning in December. We both have jobs to go to, and are returning to the North of England - Yorkshire. Just waiting for my son to finish his exams and yr 12. Thanks again!
All the very best to you and yours on returning
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowbrickroad
Good luck heading homeward. Just think - a proper Xmas!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Another one who is just happy to be home. One of my fellow students told me yesterday that every time he looks over at me sitting in class I have a big grin on my face. Is that embarassing or what? I'm just so happy all the time, even though I still have no phone service and a bad cold! Today I took a walk in the park near my house. Beautiful green, turning trees, and a ruined medieval castle in the grounds. How perfect is that?

I hope it happens for you soon and that your experience is just as positive.

Tara
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you great big soft thing!!!!

Be reassured, the UK is fine. There are normal people here, doing normal things and its no less safe than anywhere else.

Despite my "bond" thread (MBTUK site), the country is lovely, so are the people and we have a good life. Me trying to get C-ship is a huge "guilt about not staying long enough for the family to get it" thing which I struggle with a lot. - but its nothing to do with UK going to the dogs, its about trying to do whats right for everyone.

You will be just fine
C x
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chance to be
Oh you great big soft thing!!!!

Be reassured, the UK is fine. There are normal people here, doing normal things and its no less safe than anywhere else.

Despite my "bond" thread (MBTUK site), the country is lovely, so are the people and we have a good life. Me trying to get C-ship is a huge "guilt about not staying long enough for the family to get it" thing which I struggle with a lot. - but its nothing to do with UK going to the dogs, its about trying to do whats right for everyone.

You will be just fine
C x
Just wondered C, if you're raising kids where you are? Are they doing well in school? Have they turned into "Hoodies" yet? Have they slacked off in their attitude towards school etc? It's just that everyone I meet tells me I am crazy to want to take my kids back to the UK. They reckons, over the last three years, it has gone down the pan big style.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered C, if you're raising kids where you are? Are they doing well in school? Have they turned into "Hoodies" yet? Have they slacked off in their attitude towards school etc? It's just that everyone I meet tells me I am crazy to want to take my kids back to the UK. They reckons, over the last three years, it has gone down the pan big style.
Hi Tracey
My totally honest answer is that I couldnt wish for more with the education system. It has been fab!
Boy 8yrs is in a catholic school - high emphasis on respect and being kind rather than academic high flyers which is how it should be at that age. He is very bright and they give him extended work. He passed a mock GCSE paper last week
Girl 10, in a C of E. Was more worried re her as boy went back to old school so knew it - this was new to her. But shes made lots of friends and Ive just picked her up from yet another sleepover. Shes not really academic, or sporty - but this school boasts of good performing arts so its great for her as she can excel at something in her own right and not be overshaddowed by her brother.
In terms of out of school activities either run by the school or independant or them, they do - karate 2 evenings a week. Boy also does football 2x a week and scouts x1 a week. Girl also does handbells, choir and is in school orchestra
So they have a lot more options if sports not their thing than they did in Oz. Both are state schools (good because Im skint!)

you do hear in the papers loads about bullying, kids with knives etc etc and Im sure its all true.....but the schools with problems make headlines, the good ones dont so you have to get some perspective.

I get the impression that inner city schools are the worst.

I think had i not found nice schools for the kids I would of regretted coming back and would suggest to any parent that choosing schools wisely must be no1 priority. I live near Cambridge and TBH (sorry people in the North!) the schools that make bad headlines seem to be in large inner cities of the North ie Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool etc and of course London. Of course, on a lesser scale, wherever you are if you choose city schools they tend to be rougher. I wouldnt want my kids going to a lot of Cambs centre schools either. Also, the city schools tend to attract more Eastern European kids and some schools simply dont have the resources to cope with the extra attention these kids need.
If you can find a good school community and make sure the school are aware that the kids are coming from upheaval they will buddy them with the nicer kids to help them settle.
But Im sure you are a great mum and very wise and know all this already

See you soon

Chrissy
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:57 am
Just Joined

sweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nicesweep is just really nice

Well as recent returnees, March 06, its the best decsion we ever made.... knew oz(melbourne) wasnt for us, already posted reasons ,but to answer your question , No deffo not doom and gloom just a reinforced appreciation for the UK.....The people, the diversity, the culture,the geography, the history.....and even the weather!!!
Best of Luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.