British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Text (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/text-448381/)

Kath & Graham May 8th 2007 6:38 am

Text

Had a text from Jo yesterday,, just to let me know she was shopping in Asda!!!:p :p She got back to UK alright.....just waiting for further updates from her..... lucky mare:blink:

TraceyW May 8th 2007 8:19 am

Re: Text

Oh the luxury!!!!!

Glad she's landed safely though. Keep us posted.

PLANTS May 8th 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham (Post 4751004)
Had a text from Jo yesterday,, just to let me know she was shopping in Asda!!!:p :p She got back to UK alright.....just waiting for further updates from her..... lucky mare:blink:

oooooh, Asda, how lucky is she! All those lovely things!
Hope she is loving it and tell her to think of us poor souls over here suffering the likes of .... well you get my drift....

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me May 8th 2007 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham (Post 4751004)

Glad she didnt waste any time getting the priorities right, shopping in a decent supermarket, cant wait for that!

Tina Baker May 18th 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Text / hello from blighty!

2 Attachment(s)
Hello girls! Glad to hear that Jo has made it back to the land of the living! sorry I have neglected you all but we have had restricted internet access. We are now firing on all cylinders again but I really just don't have much time spare to get on BXP. I, like Jo, am still Loving Tesco,Asda and even Sainsburys! The choice is endless! Jack has settled into a playgroup and he goes to Tumble Tots which is the UK equivalent to Gymbaroo, so he has a routine developing. He just loves seeing his Granny and Grandad every week and is now very well acquainted with his Aunty and cousins!!!
We are in a rented house in a beautiful village (with an EXCELLENT curry house and chip shop!) minutes from the local pub which serves proper beer! Gee it still feels great to be back! I can hand on heart say that I haven't thought about Oz once (in the hankering for the past type way) I certainly don't miss it at all. Its so wonderful to go to my sisters for dinner or to have friends round for a bevvie and just laugh all night about what you used to get up too! Nathan is getting loads of interest Job wise and they are all for loads more money than he was earning in Australia so that's a pressure off.
I still think about our remaining little gang members and can't wait for us all to be back in the UK again......I will organise one MAJOR piss-up when it happens!!:thumbsup:
I have sent photos of Jack taking the dog for a walk in the rain, just in case you need a green grass fix!! Love to you all.............XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

chance to be May 18th 2007 5:57 pm

Re: Text / hello from blighty!

Originally Posted by Tina Baker (Post 4797897)
Hello girls! Glad to hear that Jo has made it back to the land of the living! sorry I have neglected you all but we have had restricted internet access. We are now firing on all cylinders again but I really just don't have much time spare to get on BXP. I, like Jo, am still Loving Tesco,Asda and even Sainsburys! The choice is endless! Jack has settled into a playgroup and he goes to Tumble Tots which is the UK equivalent to Gymbaroo, so he has a routine developing. He just loves seeing his Granny and Grandad every week and is now very well acquainted with his Aunty and cousins!!!
We are in a rented house in a beautiful village (with an EXCELLENT curry house and chip shop!) minutes from the local pub which serves proper beer! Gee it still feels great to be back! I can hand on heart say that I haven't thought about Oz once (in the hankering for the past type way) I certainly don't miss it at all. Its so wonderful to go to my sisters for dinner or to have friends round for a bevvie and just laugh all night about what you used to get up too! Nathan is getting loads of interest Job wise and they are all for loads more money than he was earning in Australia so that's a pressure off.
I still think about our remaining little gang members and can't wait for us all to be back in the UK again......I will organise one MAJOR piss-up when it happens!!:thumbsup:
I have sent photos of Jack taking the dog for a walk in the rain, just in case you need a green grass fix!! Love to you all.............XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thats a really nice post:)
Its strange when you dont hear how someones doing for a while, you kinda worry if its all turned out ok and they are just busy..or its gone wrong and they dont feel like posting that:(
Glad its the former.
There has definately got to be a reunion soon - how lovely
Best wishes to you and I hope your happiness continues
C

TraceyW May 19th 2007 12:14 am

Hi Tina

Good to hear you're o.k and having a great time back home.

Oh, please don't rub it in about the chip shop and curry house sweetie...not nice. Not nice at all!!!;):p

Nomore May 19th 2007 1:16 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4800675)
Hi Tina

Good to hear you're o.k and having a great time back home.

Oh, please don't rub it in about the chip shop and curry house sweetie...not nice. Not nice at all!!!;):p

Hi Tina. Nice to hear from you.
Yep, still stuck in the land of frustration, but at least everyone seems to be moving away and enjoying their new lives.
Jo seems to have settled well, you have, Kath on her way back soon, the rest of us will be back next year hopefully, so that meet up in UK will defo be on the cards, what a laugh thats gonna be.

Keep well Tina, i'm so pleased for you.

Kath & Graham May 20th 2007 12:55 pm

So glad you are happy!!! Cant wait to be back in the land of living...

I well remember the good old curry house and chip shop.... keep in touch with us all, we will deffo have one major piss up when we all get back!!!...

kath:p

clougherty family May 22nd 2007 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham (Post 4805727)
So glad you are happy!!! Cant wait to be back in the land of living...

I well remember the good old curry house and chip shop.... keep in touch with us all, we will deffo have one major piss up when we all get back!!!...

kath:p

Just realised that I forgot to mention that the night we got back we had ..... wait for it......

CRISPY DUCK & PANCAKES FROM THE CHINESE!!!

Along with yummy prawn toast and proper chinky chips!!

Had to laugh at Mark the other day, he's so fickle. For 2 yrs in Oz he moaned that McDonalds and Kentucky were crap, not the same blah blah. Low and behold, we took Flynn to McDonalds for lunch and he said, this is horrible, it doesn't taste the same!! Couldn't believe my ears!! That's men for you, never happy!!

Jo;)

Kath & Graham May 22nd 2007 2:49 pm

I had chips and double sausage with burger relish when I went home all for 1.50uk pnds!!! I woz so excited bloke behind counter must of thought I was mad!!!:p

TraceyW May 23rd 2007 12:13 am

I want a proper battered sausage and real chips with some curry sauce.

Heaven :rofl:

Tina Baker May 23rd 2007 6:41 pm

Its nice to have "proper" chips made from whole potatoes! (cut up obviously!)
We had ...................wait for it..............CURRY!! No surprise for those who know us!! I think the owner of the curry house will be able to holiday in Perth next year the amount we keep giving him! Not that he would want too!!!:wink_smile:
Hiya Jo..........glad your safe and sound girl. Will give you a knock if we venture down to the big smoke XXXXX