Tax deduction in the UK??

Old May 7th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Megami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to allMegami is a name known to all
Default Tax deduction in the UK??

Sorry I have been badgering you all with questions lately - hopefully this is the last for awhile.

I know about setting yourself up as a director of a limited company, but is there a website somewhere that I can get OFFICIAL information on things like what is a deductible work expense under UK tax laws? For example, if I have an ABN in Australia and buy a PC I can claim back the cost (though often delayed) if it is a genuine work expense. Are there such allowances in the UK.

Basically - tax information for sole traders/business costs in the UK.

Thanks!
Old May 7th 2008, 12:49 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax deduction in the UK??

Originally Posted by Megami
Sorry I have been badgering you all with questions lately - hopefully this is the last for awhile.

I know about setting yourself up as a director of a limited company, but is there a website somewhere that I can get OFFICIAL information on things like what is a deductible work expense under UK tax laws? For example, if I have an ABN in Australia and buy a PC I can claim back the cost (though often delayed) if it is a genuine work expense. Are there such allowances in the UK.

Basically - tax information for sole traders/business costs in the UK.

Thanks!
Try this link:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480.pdf

This is a downloadable leaflet.........quite easy to find if you Google Inland Revenue UK. You may eventually need an accountant to help with tax forms etc, but this should give you a start.