Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Taking SMSF out of Australia

Taking SMSF out of Australia

Old Jul 6th 2019, 7:55 am
Banned

IronBasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking SMSF out of Australia

I searched for this but could not find any definitive answers, I do not want to get into the ethical, moral questions or the legalities as I understand the the fundamental legislation and laws. With a fairly decent lump of money in my Self managed super fund, I want to take this money out of australia and return it to the UK. Has anyone done this or know anyone who did it and did the Aussie authorities pursue them to the UK and use the UK authorities to prosecute the individual.

Try and keep the replies to possible ramifications and not the ethical question.

Old Jul 6th 2019, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

fastrhino will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taking SMSF out of Australia

I would imagine there is some kind of reciprocal arrangement for Tax cheats and people who have misappropriated funds as a trustee of the fund.

Sounds like a very risky enterprise to me, it may takes years for the ATO and ASIC to track you down but I doubt they will lets it rest.

remember the fund is for your retirement, hence the stringent rules on how and when you can access the money (even though morally it is your money).
Old Jul 6th 2019, 10:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IronBasher
I searched for this but could not find any definitive answers, I do not want to get into the ethical, moral questions or the legalities as I understand the the fundamental legislation and laws. With a fairly decent lump of money in my Self managed super fund, I want to take this money out of australia and return it to the UK. Has anyone done this or know anyone who did it and did the Aussie authorities pursue them to the UK and use the UK authorities to prosecute the individual.

Try and keep the replies to possible ramifications and not the ethical question.
So you know that what you want to do is illegal but you don't want to get into the legalities?
Even if your question is a genuine one, BE doesn't help people to break the law.

Old Jul 6th 2019, 10:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Even if your question is a genuine one, BE doesn't help people to break the law.
Agreed - please see our Site Rules. Thread closed.