Taking Oz pension to U.K.

Old Oct 10th 2016, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default Taking Oz pension to U.K.

Can you still receive your Oz pension if returning to live in the U.K. permentely ?
Old Oct 13th 2016, 11:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Oz pension to U.K.

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Can you still receive your Oz pension if returning to live in the U.K. permentely ?
It depends. Are you already getting the pension, and is it an aged pension?

Edit - I just had a nose around your previous posts, and from the info there I'm assuming you already receive the age pension. In that case, yes you can still get it in the UK. You need to let Centrelink know that you're leaving the country permanently, in some cases the amount you receive may reduce, ie if you get any pension related allowances they'll stop, you'll only receive the basic pension amount. I'm not sure if Centrelink will pay it directly into an overseas bank account, but in any case you may be better off leaving an Aussie bank account open transferring the money over yourself. Depends what exchange rate Centrelink use.

Not sure if you know, but over 60s get their prescriptions free and you also should be eligible for free travel on buses/trains. Best of luck if you're moving back. My Brit husband (67) and I (Aussie, 58) moved over last year. I'm loving it, husband's taking a bit longer to settle.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 13th 2016 at 11:50 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

I have sent you a P.M.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

You need to advise Centrelink that you are leaving the country, and will receive a reduced Australian age pension in the UK. Also depending on your assets, they might require you to buy property rather than rent. This has happened to me, and of course the sum you receive will depend on the exchange rate. Mine dropped since I returned, but has been increasing since the Brexit referendum. Unfortunately it is still lower than 4 1/2 years ago.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aries
You need to advise Centrelink that you are leaving the country, and will receive a reduced Australian age pension in the UK. Also depending on your assets, they might require you to buy property rather than rent. This has happened to me, and of course the sum you receive will depend on the exchange rate. Mine dropped since I returned, but has been increasing since the Brexit referendum. Unfortunately it is still lower than 4 1/2 years ago.
Thanks For your reply it's a great help knowing that others have been through it and can help others ..thank you once again
Cheers Mary