Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Taking a Mazda3 to the uk.

Taking a Mazda3 to the uk.

Old May 10th 2012, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Taking a Mazda3 to the uk.

Has anyone shipped a car to the UK? If so, can you advise on a company to do the alterations, preferably in the North of England. We are shipping a Mazda 3 back which is just over 12 months old. I have rang some Mazda dealers up in the UK but all seem to be unsure as to how it is done and can't give any answers. Any advice would be much appreciated
Old May 10th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taking a Mazda3 to the uk.

What alterations?
Old May 10th 2012, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
What alterations?
KPH to MPH in uk

and has to have a fog light there are no fog lights on au mazda 3
Old May 11th 2012, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

What alterations?
Removal of the 'Oz, Love it or **** off' stickers?
Old May 12th 2012, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Iv no idea but does it need to be in MPH by law?
Old May 12th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Iv no idea but does it need to be in MPH by law?
yes it has to be in mph or will not pass VOSA tests.
Old May 12th 2012, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Removal of the 'Oz, Love it or **** off' stickers?
I don't get it can you elaborate on your comment
Old May 12th 2012, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
I don't get it can you elaborate on your comment
Lots of cars (4wds or utes mostly) have stickers that say that say 'love it or leave it' that kind of thing. It was just a joke
Old May 12th 2012, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone shipped a car to the UK? If so, can you advise on a company to do the alterations, preferably in the North of England. We are shipping a Mazda 3 back which is just over 12 months old. I have rang some Mazda dealers up in the UK but all seem to be unsure as to how it is done and can't give any answers. Any advice would be much appreciated
Do you need to bring your Mazda back? can you just not sell it and then buy a car here in the U.K? from other posts a couple of years ago a lot of replies to similar threads said that a heck of a lot of paper work is involved. We sold our newish car while we were in WA and got a good price and now own a very nice car here in the U.K. Good luck
ps Stickers like "if you don't like it f--k off" use to be in a lot of cars when we first arrived in W.A....I was shocked at first but would now like to have one in my car here in the U.K...lol.....only too lady like (well I am) to have one in...lol
Old May 12th 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brits1
Do you need to bring your Mazda back? can you just not sell it and then buy a car here in the U.K? from other posts a couple of years ago a lot of replies to similar threads said that a heck of a lot of paper work is involved. We sold our newish car while we were in WA and got a good price and now own a very nice car here in the U.K. Good luck
ps Stickers like "if you don't like it f--k off" use to be in a lot of cars when we first arrived in W.A....I was shocked at first but would now like to have one in my car here in the U.K...lol.....only too lady like (well I am) to have one in...lol
yes we did think of selling it. we bought the car new just over a year ago and cost us over 30k we would get 20k or less for it here.than if i get a new car in the uk i lose again with the drop in value as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.as for getting second hand cars its like a lottery you never know whats been done to them in the past. we are getting a 40ft container this is the same cost if we take the car or not so we will be taking it and will have to do the relevant paper work.
After a bit of searching on the net i have found a place in the uk that is supplying me with a new clock face in mph and i have found a dash repair company in melbourne to fit it. i am also getting a fog light sent over from the uk,my local mazda dealer will fit this for us.so when we get it back to the uk we can book it in for a vosa test.

as for the stickers i have never seen them and been here for 7 years lol.

on a different note do you think australia as got to expensive in the last few years there is only 2 of us and we dont get fancy food at all but our weekly shopping is up to $170-$200
Old May 14th 2012, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

yes we did think of selling it. we bought the car new just over a year ago and cost us over 30k we would get 20k or less for it here.than if i get a new car in the uk i lose again with the drop in value as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.as for getting second hand cars its like a lottery you never know whats been done to them in the past. we are getting a 40ft container this is the same cost if we take the car or not so we will be taking it and will have to do the relevant paper work.
After a bit of searching on the net i have found a place in the uk that is supplying me with a new clock face in mph and i have found a dash repair company in melbourne to fit it. i am also getting a fog light sent over from the uk,my local mazda dealer will fit this for us.so when we get it back to the uk we can book it in for a vosa test.

on a different note do you think australia as got to expensive in the last few years there is only 2 of us and we dont get fancy food at all but our weekly shopping is up to $170-$200
Keep open to aditional information on this subject. Example, changing the odometer may be a problem because of changing the correct mileage on the car.
Someone on UK Yankees forum took a VW beetle from the US to the UK and she is very happy that she did(LHD), others regret doing so.
Old May 15th 2012, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

$30 for a Mazda .........wow you could buy a really good(sorry not saying a Mazda is not a good car) near new car for that price here in the U.K....we got a great price on our Toyota in W.A...we sold it ourselves on Gumtree, it just saved the stress of paying and waiting for it to be shipped etc then the paper work etc on entry to the U.K. I know how expensive W.A is even now....my OH and myself earned very good money but I use to despair at the rising cost of "treats" and just general house hold items...AND I am my Fathers daughter lol...so not frivolous (much to my dear SIL despair lol)but I can "let myself go" a bit here as there are always bargains to be had. Good luck with everything...going out to Costa now having a lovely coffee and a slice of their wonderful toast....all for the cost of a Coffee at Gloria Jeans...........
Old May 16th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped a Mazda6 back to the UK four years ago.

To convert the speedo I think they just installed a conversion chip and put a sticker over the k of kph so it now says mph. No need for new speedo.

Foglight was straightforward.

I think they had to swap the headlights for the test, but put the original ones back in straight after (it's legal, apparently).

We bought our car in Japan and shipped it to Australia, so it may not be exactly the same as a standard Aus model.

I also needed an immobilizer, for insurance (yours probably already has one). Ended up insured with Tesco.

Mileage reading was unchanged after mph conversion, so you need a calculator to work out exactly how many miles you've done.

Old May 17th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Exile
I shipped a Mazda6 back to the UK four years ago.

To convert the speedo I think they just installed a conversion chip and put a sticker over the k of kph so it now says mph. No need for new speedo.

Foglight was straightforward.

I think they had to swap the headlights for the test, but put the original ones back in straight after (it's legal, apparently).

We bought our car in Japan and shipped it to Australia, so it may not be exactly the same as a standard Aus model.

I also needed an immobilizer, for insurance (yours probably already has one). Ended up insured with Tesco.

Mileage reading was unchanged after mph conversion, so you need a calculator to work out exactly how many miles you've done.
We are getting a new facia that reads mph. Been told by a Mazda dealer in England that the odometer can stay in K's as there is no legal requirement for it to read miles. So far everything is going to plan, will let you know the out come in a few months time. But, if anyone has any more info it will be much appreciated.
Old May 17th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting a new facia that reads mph. Been told by a Mazda dealer in England that the odometer can stay in K's as there is no legal requirement for it to read miles. So far everything is going to plan, will let you know the out come in a few months time. But, if anyone has any more info it will be much appreciated.
We have something in common! I have a Mazda3 which I bought in 2010. I have read a lot of rave reports about it but I'm ready for a change. Today if I had a choice I would get a Mustang or a Subaru Impreza (which is popular with the British Police I think).
My justification for changing is the Mazda doesn't have a cruise control or power door locks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.