Reload this Page >

Taking Electrical appliances back to the UK

Taking Electrical appliances back to the UK

Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Laudrup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking Electrical appliances back to the UK

G'day
I am hopefully moving back to the UK around the middle of March 2008 and wondered if anyone could answer my question.
If i take a fridge and other electrical appliances from Australia back to the UK do you simply just have to change the plug?
Cheers Laudrup
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Electrical appliances back to the UK

Originally Posted by Laudrup
G'day
I am hopefully moving back to the UK around the middle of March 2008 and wondered if anyone could answer my question.
If i take a fridge and other electrical appliances from Australia back to the UK do you simply just have to change the plug?
Cheers Laudrup

Yup. Either change the plugs or buy some multi-socket extension leads to take with you and change the plug on them. Might be an idea to get some extention leads anyway then you don't have to rush to change everything in the first day or so.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Laudrup is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that Wendy.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laudrup
G'day
Cheers Laudrup
Fridges don't travel well apparently but we brought all other appliances back. The only thing I found a pain is things with transformer type plugs (ie. baby monitors) because you can't change the plug. I had a grobag thermometer and rang them here in the UK and they sent me a new lead and plug (UK one) which was really handy. The other problem we had was house phones as we had bought quite expensive ones over there and they don't make them here so couldn't get a new lead. You can get an adapter from Currys which is ok if your plug socket isn't on show, but it makes the plug really bulky. We ended up posting our phones back to my sister in law in Perth and buying new ones. Luckily I had shipped an Oz extension lead so when I got my Christmas tree lights out (3 sets!) I just plugged them into that and changed the plug on the extension. Must have changed about 3 million plugs in the last few months!!

JO