Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Taking dogs to the UK who weren't passported

Taking dogs to the UK who weren't passported

Old May 16th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taking dogs to the UK who weren't passported

And I was just getting the popcorn ready
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
Thanks Dunrovin, but I personally prefer to work with personal experiences if there are any. That's why I asked and I started this thread. As you don't have one, I would ask that you refrain from posting on here because I'm getting a little upset with what I perceive to be your hostility. You obviously have an analytical mind and maybe can't see the value of a subjective approach rather than an objective one.
Dunrovin is correct you cannot bring animals into the UK without having all the tests and paperwork done in the proper time frame. If you do your pet will be put into 6 months quarantine. No one on this forum that I have read about would think of bringing their pet in without all the paperwork being done, so like Dunrovin I am confused as to what information you are asking for. If you are trying to get the pets in without doing all the paperwork and leg work then your dogs will be the ones to suffer. Dunrovin was the one when I first came on the forum to give me all the information that I needed for my dogs, thanks Dunrovin.

Last edited by Easterndawn; Jun 21st 2010 at 5:45 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Dunrovin is correct you cannot bring animals into the UK without having all the tests and paperwork done in the proper time frame. If you do your pet will be put into 6 months quarantine. No one on this forum that I have read about would think of bringing their pet in without all the paperwork being done, so like Dunrovin I am confused as to what information you are asking for. If you are trying to get the pets in without doing all the paperwork and leg work then your dogs will be the ones to suffer. Dunrovin was the one when I first came on the forum to give me all the information that I needed for my dogs, thanks Dunrovin.
Nope, all I was asking for was horror stories - my dogs have been microchipped since before they came to Canada, they have been annually vaccinated for rabies since we got here (until we did the blood test 3 years ago at which time they switched onto 3 yearly vaccines which is where we're at now, 2 of they are due theirs). I just wanted PERSONAL experiences of people travelling back with their dogs and if any typical British red tape problems occurred. Dunrovin did point me in good directions for information (thanks!). I think tales of woe can be as helpful as positive experiences. Two people can hear the same story and interpret it differently. For example, bear in mind, if like me, your dogs have always been microchipped and always been vaccinated against rabies the last rabies vaccination certificate you have for them (because this is not done unless you ask for it) before you submit for a blood test has to have the microchip number on it (and, I think, location). I would also like to know if anybody's dog's chip has migrated and caused problems at the other end because of same (I've had a dog who had to be chipped twice because of that - the first chip stayed in place for 4 years before it migrated and we spent 15 minutes looking for it to no avail). These are the horror stories I want to hear so I'm good and prepared. I'd also really like to know exactly what happens, exactly what paperwork I need to send with the dogs/have ready at the other end (just the vet cert or the blood results from Kansas or backdated rabies shots.....?). ....
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
Nope, all I was asking for was horror stories - my dogs have been microchipped since before they came to Canada, they have been annually vaccinated for rabies since we got here (until we did the blood test 3 years ago at which time they switched onto 3 yearly vaccines which is where we're at now, 2 of they are due theirs). I just wanted PERSONAL experiences of people travelling back with their dogs and if any typical British red tape problems occurred. Dunrovin did point me in good directions for information (thanks!). I think tales of woe can be as helpful as positive experiences. Two people can hear the same story and interpret it differently. For example, bear in mind, if like me, your dogs have always been microchipped and always been vaccinated against rabies the last rabies vaccination certificate you have for them (because this is not done unless you ask for it) before you submit for a blood test has to have the microchip number on it (and, I think, location). I would also like to know if anybody's dog's chip has migrated and caused problems at the other end because of same (I've had a dog who had to be chipped twice because of that - the first chip stayed in place for 4 years before it migrated and we spent 15 minutes looking for it to no avail). These are the horror stories I want to hear so I'm good and prepared. I'd also really like to know exactly what happens, exactly what paperwork I need to send with the dogs/have ready at the other end (just the vet cert or the blood results from Kansas or backdated rabies shots.....?). ....
Most stories that I have heard have been all positive at least the ones from here. As far as I can rmember you must have the paperwork with the titer information, all documentation of rabies shots, the paperwork from the Department of Agruculture 's vet stating that the documentation from your vet is correct, paperwork in regards to the worm and flea treatment being done 24 to 48 hrs before departure etc. I noticed you are in Newfoundland so your paper work would be the same as mine is. My friends live in Newfoundland, and have a very large black Newfie dog named Newman, thought it was funny in regards to where you live
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Most stories that I have heard have been all positive at least the ones from here. As far as I can rmember you must have the paperwork with the titer information, all documentation of rabies shots, the paperwork from the Department of Agruculture 's vet stating that the documentation from your vet is correct, paperwork in regards to the worm and flea treatment being done 24 to 48 hrs before departure etc. I noticed you are in Newfoundland so your paper work would be the same as mine is. My friends live in Newfoundland, and have a very large black Newfie dog named Newman, thought it was funny in regards to where you live
that is funny! But there seems to be a cove for everyone round here!
Thanks for the info about the paperwork - that's helpful!