Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Taking dog back to Uk from NZ

Taking dog back to Uk from NZ

Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

linda 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking dog back to Uk from NZ

Jim, you get in tough with The Ministry of Agriculture in Surrey for England, phone no. 0181 330 4411 and apply for an, 'application for a licence to import a dog or cat for detention in quarantine form', they will fax this to you.
They will then post you a boarding document, which is a licence to land dog in UK. Dog must be picked up at airport by kennels. girl by the name of Nicole Pepper at Emirates air cargo in Auckland is wonderful.
Hope this is of some help, not so much for you as your time is now up, but for others that are thinking they are stuck here for six months.
Dident really fancy putting Bria into kennels for 6 months, but we are sure she will be fine, and we can visit her. it will also give us the chance to get organised for her release.
Bria is a Kiwi, so wondering how she will fare throughout a cold Scottish winter, but she will love it when it snows.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:51 pm
Looking for a chin-wag

Location: New Zealand, heading home to Norfolk, UK in Dec 2004
Jim the Chin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by linda 1
Jim, you get in tough with The Ministry of Agriculture in Surrey for England, phone no. 0181 330 4411 and apply for an, 'application for a licence to import a dog or cat for detention in quarantine form', they will fax this to you.
They will then post you a boarding document, which is a licence to land dog in UK. Dog must be picked up at airport by kennels. girl by the name of Nicole Pepper at Emirates air cargo in Auckland is wonderful.
Hope this is of some help, not so much for you as your time is now up, but for others that are thinking they are stuck here for six months.
Dident really fancy putting Bria into kennels for 6 months, but we are sure she will be fine, and we can visit her. it will also give us the chance to get organised for her release.
Bria is a Kiwi, so wondering how she will fare throughout a cold Scottish winter, but she will love it when it snows.
I'll call the min of ag, just to get the full story, Linda, thanks. And emirates to see what they have to say about the qantas 'monopoly'. What you say certainly will be of help.
I understand completely about the chance to get organised .. ironically, we'll probably have to kennell jarjar at times when we have to do likewise.
That 6 months is sure to be hectic and will pass in a flash. keep us posted, eh?
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Mariana is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Taking dog back to Uk from NZ

Hi there!

I am moving back to the UK from Brazil with my 8 month old Labrador and am desperate trying to find out about quarantine kennels and alternatives to quarantine.

Does anyone have any experience worth sharing or a kennel to recommend?

Thank you!

Mariana
Old Nov 29th 2004, 7:46 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

HI everyone

Hope you dont mind i have bumped this thread back to the top.

Linda, dont know if you can access your pc ok but was looking for a bit more info on taking your dog back to Scotland. This Pet Passport scheme is turning into a bloody nightmare. Going to talk to hubby re early release from quarantine.

Has anyone heard from Melanee so see how she got on?

Also Jimthe chin (lol makes me laugh that name), how are you getting on with yoru dog and packing up.

Our flights are booked head back 26 Jan, shippers booked 24 Jan(few boxes only) and just the dog left to book.

Hopefully Linda, Jim and Melanee you will get this.

Pants already has her dog back no probs

Cheers everyone
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:35 pm
Linda Max

Originally Posted by scottish
HI everyone

Linda, dont know if you can access your pc ok but was looking for a bit more info on taking your dog back to Scotland. This Pet Passport scheme is turning into a bloody nightmare. Going to talk to hubby re early release from quarantine.

Also Jimthe chin (lol makes me laugh that name), how are you getting on with yoru dog and packing up.

Our flights are booked head back 26 Jan, shippers booked 24 Jan(few boxes only) and just the dog left to book.

Cheers everyone
Hi Scottish, yes Bria got here safe and well, she did undergo a bout of depression, and the kennels were worried about her, but she has settled OK now. (hubby rekons all the females in the family are nuts, even the dog).
We see her as often as possible, and take her treats. Kennel staff are really nice, but Bria is still couped up, not even allowed out for a wee on any grass, I feel heart sorry for her, but I think how happy she will be at Easter when she can come home to her newly renovated home. I just hope she does not need house trained all over again.
Great to hear from you.
Linda

Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:42 pm

Linda, brilliant to hear from you. Hopefully Brea will be ok! Wee soul that she is!!!

I got an email from James Cargo in London and they have reassured me that on arrival into London prior to his flight to Glasgow he will be excersised and allowed to rest for about 4 hours, plus fed and given fresh water.

We are still looking at Pet Passport but spoke to Emirates yesterday and their prices were good, compared to Pet Passport so we just have to work out what will be easiest on the dog.

How is life in Scotland?

Did you find it easy to get back into the swing of things?

Hows is your house coming on?

Spoke to a lovely Scottish couple at work the other day they want to go home and cant afford to. Poor sods! They have been here for 30 odd years and have never felt at home. They went home to Scotland for a holiday last year, paid for by their family, and he said it was the first time he felt at home in years. I could of cried for them.

He told us to get out of NZ before we get trapped like them.

Speak soon I hope mate.

xx
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:22 pm
Linda Max

Linda, brilliant to hear from you. Hopefully Brea will be ok! Wee soul that she is!!!

I got an email from James Cargo in London and they have reassured me that on arrival into London prior to his flight to Glasgow he will be excersised and allowed to rest for about 4 hours, plus fed and given fresh water.

We are still looking at Pet Passport but spoke to Emirates yesterday and their prices were good, compared to Pet Passport so we just have to work out what will be easiest on the dog.

How is life in Scotland?

Did you find it easy to get back into the swing of things?

Hows is your house coming on?

Spoke to a lovely Scottish couple at work the other day they want to go home and cant afford to. Poor sods! They have been here for 30 odd years and have never felt at home. They went home to Scotland for a holiday last year, paid for by their family, and he said it was the first time he felt at home in years. I could of cried for them.

He told us to get out of NZ before we get trapped like them.

Speak soon I hope mate.

xx
Hi Scottish, Life is pretty good. Youngest is studying for 5 highers, and midddle one just started an access to nursing course.
The house is still a building site, cant wait to get it finished, probably the end of Jan. we will be in, so you are all welcome to the big house warming party sometime early next year.
Our grandson is coming over with his mum at the end of Jan, hoping to stay as long as possible, really looking forward to seeing them.
our son is still in NZ, but coming here soon.
Jobs for hubby are plentiful, but as he is the builder, we want the house habitable before he takes anything else on. Would you believe that his ex-boss was on the phone from NZ last night asking him to go back.
Must admit I am just having time out, helping with the house, and enjoying myself.
Bria travelled very well with Emirates, we we really happy with their service, and price.
I am rabbiting on now, hope everything goes well for you,
Linda xx

Old Dec 4th 2004, 3:16 am
Looking for a chin-wag

HI everyone

Cheers everyone
Hi Scottish
I'm so glad I looked at this today - good to hear from you ... not long to go now, eh?
So what's going on with your pet's passport?
We're finishing up packing this week and we all fly on the 14th - dog and all.
Daughter Daisy graduated last week, son Stan packed up school 6 weeks ago and has spent the time catching up GCSE maths - we've finished work and ready to go.
Have entrusted George at Dogtainers to do the right thing dogwise and Emirates to get the family to London safely. We have the crate in the kitchen at the moment and JarJar has taken to it smoothly.
So - so far so good with us. Hard to contain the excitement tho.
My big worry is how to get Norwich City tickets. ha.
Would it be cruel to send you a Christmas card?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Jim the Chin
Hi Scottish
I'm so glad I looked at this today - good to hear from you ... not long to go now, eh?
So what's going on with your pet's passport?
We're finishing up packing this week and we all fly on the 14th - dog and all.
Daughter Daisy graduated last week, son Stan packed up school 6 weeks ago and has spent the time catching up GCSE maths - we've finished work and ready to go.
Have entrusted George at Dogtainers to do the right thing dogwise and Emirates to get the family to London safely. We have the crate in the kitchen at the moment and JarJar has taken to it smoothly.
So - so far so good with us. Hard to contain the excitement tho.
My big worry is how to get Norwich City tickets. ha.
Would it be cruel to send you a Christmas card?
Hi there

So good to hear from you and would be very interested to hear how you get on with George at Dogtainers... yes we have booked him too. Dog flys 25 Jan, us 26 Jan and shippers (for the little we have left) on the 24th.

How do you rate Jarjars crate (love the name by the way). Did you have to get an export cert?? Not too sure if under Pet Passport we have to apply for one.

Thought you were going to try and last till Feb/March?

Pls keep in touch mate would love to know how you, the family and the dog get on.

Best feeling in the world isnt it.

Good luck getting your season ticket.

Really good to hear from you

xx
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:24 am
Looking for a chin-wag

Hi there

So good to hear from you and would be very interested to hear how you get on with George at Dogtainers... yes we have booked him too. Dog flys 25 Jan, us 26 Jan and shippers (for the little we have left) on the 24th.

How do you rate Jarjars crate (love the name by the way). Did you have to get an export cert?? Not too sure if under Pet Passport we have to apply for one.

Thought you were going to try and last till Feb/March?

Pls keep in touch mate would love to know how you, the family and the dog get on.

Best feeling in the world isnt it.

Good luck getting your season ticket.

Really good to hear from you

xx
Small world, innit? where we both chose George after some other fairly strong options, eh? I think I felt he communicated best, explained everything clearly - repilied to my annoying emails promptly and always willing to go through it again on the phone. We'll just see how it all turns out. I did contact James Cargo - wondered what to do with the crate - they asked me to send them the C5 from, which is for customs clearance. I wouldn't have known to do that.
Hmmm... export cert? that's the Vet certificate, yes? Well I reckon what we do is get our vet to confirm the fleas and ticks bit (48hrs before departure) then George will fill in the rest when we hand over the rabies and microchip documents. You should have one from George.

I guess you'll get a bit more summer ... hope you do anyway.

Attached photo of crate. We were thinking of putting some pinups of boy dogs with racy collars on the inside but apparently you can't put in anything which 'might excite the animal'. ha. Crate seems good to me tho. I'm really surprised at how easy it's been to get our maniac dog to go in it; just goes to show.
Attached Thumbnails Taking dog back to Uk from NZ-dogcrate.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Jim the Chin
Small world, innit? where we both chose George after some other fairly strong options, eh? I think I felt he communicated best, explained everything clearly - repilied to my annoying emails promptly and always willing to go through it again on the phone. We'll just see how it all turns out. I did contact James Cargo - wondered what to do with the crate - they asked me to send them the C5 from, which is for customs clearance. I wouldn't have known to do that.
Hmmm... export cert? that's the Vet certificate, yes? Well I reckon what we do is get our vet to confirm the fleas and ticks bit (48hrs before departure) then George will fill in the rest when we hand over the rabies and microchip documents. You should have one from George.

I guess you'll get a bit more summer ... hope you do anyway.

Attached photo of crate. We were thinking of putting some pinups of boy dogs with racy collars on the inside but apparently you can't put in anything which 'might excite the animal'. ha. Crate seems good to me tho. I'm really surprised at how easy it's been to get our maniac dog to go in it; just goes to show.

Thanks again.

Summer Ha Ha... raining, freezing and damm miserable here in the Bay. Contemplating putting the woodburner on LOL

Like you I liked George, very nice man and liked to talk Ha Ha

Pls, Pls let me know how the dog gets on. Would be such a piece of mind.

Need to find where to get that C5 form?

10 days and counting eh mate. Christmas in UK, cant beat it.. not far behind you. We have mates who are going back to Manchester going home via us. So should be a good knees up.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
xx
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:54 am
Looking for a chin-wag

Summer Ha Ha... raining, freezing and damm miserable here in the Bay. Contemplating putting the woodburner on LOL
Sun's out here on the West Coast. But must confess - I actually look forward to the rain here - suspect it's my seasonal clock still set at winter; it should be dark and cold; a real reson to have a fire and a tree lit up. Hmmm ... makes it a bit better if you look at it like that, maybe?
Pls, Pls let me know how the dog gets on. Would be such a piece of mind.
Will do.
Need to find where to get that C5 form?
I'll attach a copy of C5 - I checked with George before sending to James Cargo - we agreed it couldn't do any harm, but he'd intended to do it anyway. You only need do page2 in advance - the flight no. you won't know yet.

I've also got a useful map which locates the Animal Reception Center at Heathrow - but you're going to Glasgow, yes?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
c5.pdf (20.4 KB, 671 views)
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

Hi,
enjoyed our chat before you left you made me jealous that i have to wait another 4 months before i can fly out of here. Hope your journey was good, tell vicky to get in touch so that maybe we can meet up when i get back
all the best helen

[QUOTE=Jim the Chin]