Taking diabetic cat home

Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:12 pm

pomijean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking diabetic cat home

Has anyone sent diabetic animals home,how do they get the insulin injections on the journey.
we are going home next year and i am worried silly about the cat.
Grateful for any advice Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking diabetic cat home

My dog is diabetic. We skipped her insulin the morning we flew and she missed a 2nd shot enroute. I gave her a half dose as soon as we collected her from animal reception and then a regular dose 12 hours later. This was all according to our Vet's instructions. Definately check with your Vet.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:42 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taking diabetic cat home

Cats can fly?? Oh I'm glad! I really, really want to get my daughter a kitten for her b'day in Sept or Xmas, but as we plan to head back to the UK within the next 2 years, I keep thinking it's a bad idea, I should just wait til we get back...

I didn't realise they could fly that far! My option was going to be to try to fob it off onto my mum (in Oz) when it came time to head back to Scotland...which felt a bit cruel (to daughter and cat!)

Interesting...maybe we will have a miaow for Christmas!!