It takes Balls!!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:14 pm
  #31  
Ping-ponger
 
dunroving's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Dreich Alba
Posts: 11,964
dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by LouiseD View Post
All sounds very technical but would be worth it I suppose. I'm far too lazy for cycling - we bought new bikes before we went to Oz - they've been used twice and are now on their way back

How are you feeling now FPM? Any progress with persuading Mrs FPM to move yet?
Or you could try a Terry Butterfly: http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true - I have had the Fly (men's version) on two of my bikes for about 4 years now and swear by it.
dunroving is offline  
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:24 pm
  #32  
FPM
Banned
 
FPM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
Posts: 441
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by dunroving View Post
Or you could try a Terry Butterfly: http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true - I have had the Fly (men's version) on two of my bikes for about 4 years now and swear by it.
I've seen some people taking about Terry on an US triathlon site I'm a member of. Don't know anyone that has them here. I've never been a huge fan on cut outs, they work for some and not for others. I have a San Marco Rolls (old school but still the 2nd best selling saddle in the world) on my Pinarello road bike, a Fizik Arione Road on my carbon road bike, and a Fizik Arione Tri on my TT bike. All work well for me, for different reasons, depending on position and effort.

Depend a lot on how much cycling you do, the effort and body shape. A lot of shops have a 60 day swap program if you don't like it.
FPM is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:40 am
  #33  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: uk-perth northern suburbs-uk
Posts: 739
chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel View Post
Brisbane is a good choice i think. More people are unhappy with Perth, so stick with it.
I'm off on a bike ride tomorrow, looking forward to it, except i always get a sore ***ny with the seat
uggggh, yuk Rachel!!!!!!!!
Theres a vision in my head, I never EVER wanted to have now!

nooooooo
C x
chance to be is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:48 am
  #34  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,199
Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by chance to be View Post
uggggh, yuk Rachel!!!!!!!!
Theres a vision in my head, I never EVER wanted to have now!

nooooooo
C x
LOL...i went with Kath, had a right laugh.
Yes we hard sore u know wots!!!
How's things Chrissy?
Nomore is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:57 am
  #35  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: uk-perth northern suburbs-uk
Posts: 739
chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel View Post
LOL...i went with Kath, had a right laugh.
Yes we hard sore u know wots!!!
How's things Chrissy?
OK ta OH decided not to reapply for Oz job so in UK for the foreseeable. Thing is, this moving lark has screwed us all up so much, we change our minds on a daiy basis! (BIt like in Perth really!!! - but without being bored! )

take care
c x
chance to be is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:58 am
  #36  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: uk-perth northern suburbs-uk
Posts: 739
chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Oh, and if i do come back remind me never to go bikeriding with you!
chance to be is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:01 pm
  #37  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,199
Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by chance to be View Post
Oh, and if i do come back remind me never to go bikeriding with you!
Ahh, but have you heard of gel seats, luxury for the .....!!!

I know what you mean about not knowing where you belong, i feel like that everyday...completely lost
Nomore is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:14 pm
  #38  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: uk-perth northern suburbs-uk
Posts: 739
chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel View Post
Ahh, but have you heard of gel seats, luxury for the .....!!!

I know what you mean about not knowing where you belong, i feel like that everyday...completely lost
When people ask if im pleased to be back/whats different etc, I feel for me the main difference is not waking every morning as if theres a dark cloud above your head/ache in your stomach - you know what I mean if u have it.

Its worth it, just to stop that disorientated feeling....but , for me , the fallout has been crap from what I did - but it will get better in time. We either get over it and stay here and we do have a good life.....or we try again in a few years b4 visa runs out...with a Totally different outlook/place!

BUGGER!! just remembered am cooking Sun roast, only put meat in 2hrs ago so cooked...but so busy on here didnt do anything else. So we will have just a chicken, no potatoes, veg - nothing! Looks like itll be chicken sarnies instead now!!

Last edited by chance to be; Feb 18th 2007 at 12:17 pm.
chance to be is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:22 pm
  #39  
Forum Regular
 
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 206
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by chance to be View Post
When people ask if im pleased to be back/whats different etc, I feel for me the main difference is not waking every morning as if theres a dark cloud above your head/ache in your stomach - you know what I mean if u have it.

Its worth it, just to stop that disorientated feeling....but , for me , the fallout has been crap from what I did - but it will get better in time. We either get over it and stay here and we do have a good life.....or we try again in a few years b4 visa runs out...with a Totally different outlook/place!

BUGGER!! just remembered am cooking Sun roast, only put meat in 2hrs ago so cooked...but so busy on here didnt do anything else. So we will have just a chicken, no potatoes, veg - nothing! Looks like itll be chicken sarnies instead now!!
Do u miss it? Bein in Oz?
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:33 pm
  #40  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: uk-perth northern suburbs-uk
Posts: 739
chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me View Post
Do u miss it? Bein in Oz?
Not as such. But we had the same dreams/hopes/aspirations as those who have made a success of their migration. So its only natural, I have regrets because I really wanted it to work out. It was the wrong timing I think. Things wouldve worked out had we gone this year maybe. If Id of gone and stayed for long enough for us all to feel wed given it a good go (OH thinks we didnt give it long enough) we couldve all come back happy with the decision but for a number of reasons i came back earlier. So i suppose its not so much i miss it as its unfinished business - a bit of "Ill crack u next time u bugger!"
oz isnt a better country, but a different one. I could never see myself staying in Oz long term, because it IS dull. I like edge. But I wish Id had the strengh of character at the time to stay for C Ship before returning. Then itd been out of my system and I wouldnt feel like a failure who let the rest of my family down
chance to be is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:41 pm
  #41  
Forum Regular
 
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 206
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by chance to be View Post
Not as such. But we had the same dreams/hopes/aspirations as those who have made a success of their migration. So its only natural, I have regrets because I really wanted it to work out. It was the wrong timing I think. Things wouldve worked out had we gone this year maybe. If Id of gone and stayed for long enough for us all to feel wed given it a good go (OH thinks we didnt give it long enough) we couldve all come back happy with the decision but for a number of reasons i came back earlier. So i suppose its not so much i miss it as its unfinished business - a bit of "Ill crack u next time u bugger!"
oz isnt a better country, but a different one. I could never see myself staying in Oz long term, because it IS dull. I like edge. But I wish Id had the strengh of character at the time to stay for C Ship before returning. Then itd been out of my system and I wouldnt feel like a failure who let the rest of my family down
Dont think you failed, u had the balls to give it a go in the first place, feel proud that you gave it a go, had the strength to go home when you needed to and If you ever want to again, come back and give it another go, as you say it just wasnt the right timing - many of us are in the same frame of mind, just bad timing.

x
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:47 pm
  #42  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: uk-perth northern suburbs-uk
Posts: 739
chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me View Post
Dont think you failed, u had the balls to give it a go in the first place, feel proud that you gave it a go, had the strength to go home when you needed to and If you ever want to again, come back and give it another go, as you say it just wasnt the right timing - many of us are in the same frame of mind, just bad timing.

x
thank you, yes and i do agree with you. Its far sadder to hear of people unhappy somwhere and doing nothing about it. Even if you move out of the situation for a short term or forever at least you are DOING something. The limboland that was OZ for me did me in!!!
Are u going back to the UK?
chance to be is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:38 pm
  #43  
Forum Regular
 
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 206
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by chance to be View Post
thank you, yes and i do agree with you. Its far sadder to hear of people unhappy somwhere and doing nothing about it. Even if you move out of the situation for a short term or forever at least you are DOING something. The limboland that was OZ for me did me in!!!
Are u going back to the UK?
Not 100% sure as yet, we are looking at all the options, but the Land Down Under is not providing the family life we thought it would.
lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.