It takes Balls!!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:00 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It takes Balls!!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
What concert are you going to NB? owt good!
It's the outdoor performance of "Singing in the rain".
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishfinger
You know I've found that it is harder to make the decision for me to leave Canada than it was to come here. Maybe it is partly a feeling of failure, I don't know but I have days when I feel sad about leaving the place. I think you do open a can of worms when you move abroad, you find you love 2 countries for different things.

Ultimately, I do know that I'm happier in the UK though so I am looking forward to it. I appreciate your positive comments, thanks
Hi Fishfinger,
I hope you could see leaving Canada as a stage of your life in which you have already learned , contributed and outgrew it. It is time to move on
which is going back home to UK. or to another place.Our time span in
a place is different.Your intuition will guide you. Wishing you all the best
Yoong
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

What concert are you going to NB? owt good!
something very boring
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:53 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Good post. Don't feel too much sympathy for them though, read enough of it and you will see that they give as good as they get.
NB you misunderstand I don't have sympathy for "them"! I have respect for "them" After all they are making a decision which is right for them, just as we make a choice which is right for us.

I don't understand why people who are happy in Oz feel the need to come on the back to UK forum and belittle peoples choices

If people are as happy as they say then they shouldn't feel threatened by peoples very different opinions. How boring the world would be if we were all the same

I am still to get there and don't know if it will be all I hope (some dreams are meant to be just that dreams ) Its up to us all to find the dream that needs to be lived!! I for one hope we all manage that whether it be in the UK, Oz, Bora Bora, or the swiss mountains (sound of music lifestyle )

Not a personal dig at ANYONE just MY opinion which I don't for one second think everyone should agree with

Andreaxx
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:25 am
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hi all,

Well its my first time here in the moving back to UK forum and I have been a member 6/7 months! had read all other posts and thought I would have a nosey and just could not resist putting in my 2 cents worth

After reading a few threads I can't believe that people would come on this part of the site and belittle people for returning to the UK If they don't like to hear about it, then don't bloody read it.

I am still waiting for my visa so maybe still in the rose tinted stage

However if I don't like Oz for whatever reason I hope I have the balls to admit it and come back to the UK. I really believe that it can't be an easy decision and takes courage to admit that maybe Oz (or wherever) is just not what you hoped for.

So good luck to all those moving back I for one think you have real strength

Axx
Totally agree with you.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

NB you misunderstand I don't have sympathy for "them"! I have respect for "them" After all they are making a decision which is right for them, just as we make a choice which is right for us.

I don't understand why people who are happy in Oz feel the need to come on the back to UK forum and belittle peoples choices

If people are as happy as they say then they shouldn't feel threatened by peoples very different opinions. How boring the world would be if we were all the same

I am still to get there and don't know if it will be all I hope (some dreams are meant to be just that dreams ) Its up to us all to find the dream that needs to be lived!! I for one hope we all manage that whether it be in the UK, Oz, Bora Bora, or the swiss mountains (sound of music lifestyle )

Not a personal dig at ANYONE just MY opinion which I don't for one second think everyone should agree with

Andreaxx
Hi there Andrea. At least you are keeping an open mind about your move to OZ. Best way.
See both sides of the coin for what it really is, instead of believing one side only.
Where are you heading in OZ?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:01 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Andrea. At least you are keeping an open mind about your move to OZ. Best way.
See both sides of the coin for what it really is, instead of believing one side only.
Where are you heading in OZ?
Hi there,

Am hoping to head to Brisbane, we are an outdoor family who like to be outside on bikes swimming, anything really so hoping the year long weather conditions will help! Also just fancy a change of scenerey who knows forever is a long time, we'll see what happens when it happens

Take each day as it comes! Hey we might not even get our visas yet

Axx
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Am hoping to head to Brisbane, we are an outdoor family who like to be outside on bikes swimming, anything really so hoping the year long weather conditions will help! Also just fancy a change of scenerey who knows forever is a long time, we'll see what happens when it happens

Axx
Brisbane is a good choice i think. More people are unhappy with Perth, so stick with it.
I'm off on a bike ride tomorrow, looking forward to it, except i always get a sore ***ny with the seat
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:12 am
Banned

Brisbane is a good choice i think. More people are unhappy with Perth, so stick with it.
I'm off on a bike ride tomorrow, looking forward to it, except i always get a sore ***ny with the seat
Oh well the sore ***ny happens here in the UK so should be ok

Anyway just off to the scottish meet to meet more crazies headed in the opposite direction to the UK.

Have fun on your bike ride.

Axx
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Yoong
Hi Fishfinger,
I hope you could see leaving Canada as a stage of your life in which you have already learned , contributed and outgrew it. It is time to move on
which is going back home to UK. or to another place.Our time span in
a place is different.Your intuition will guide you. Wishing you all the best
Yoong
Thanks Yoong, I know I will be perfectly fine back home in England but I just don't like all the upheaval that goes with moving!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:58 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Specialized Female Body Geometry saddle, or Fizik Arione Female, both around $250. Use a sprit level to make sure your saddle is level and make sure it's not too high. You should have about a 10-15 degree bend in your leg at BDC.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:17 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Axx
With an attitude like yours Andrea I'm sure you will be fine and enjoy the whole experience for what it is. We were blinded by what people told us and only heard what we wanted to hear. It's lovely to hear from people who truly empathise with those who's dreams have turned into nightmares. I really wish you all the very best in your application and your new life when you get there
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:22 pm

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Specialized Female Body Geometry saddle, or Fizik Arione Female, both around $250. Use a sprit level to make sure your saddle is level and make sure it's not too high. You should have about a 10-15 degree bend in your leg at BDC.
All sounds very technical but would be worth it I suppose. I'm far too lazy for cycling - we bought new bikes before we went to Oz - they've been used twice and are now on their way back

How are you feeling now FPM? Any progress with persuading Mrs FPM to move yet?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:46 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
All sounds very technical but would be worth it I suppose. I'm far too lazy for cycling - we bought new bikes before we went to Oz - they've been used twice and are now on their way back

How are you feeling now FPM? Any progress with persuading Mrs FPM to move yet?
The saddle isn't very technical. Working out whether you should be 80 or 85% of Zone 3 over 40km hill repeats is better than 60% of Zone 3 over 150km aero, lob in the question of whether power is best measured from the crank, like an Ergomo or SRM, or whether it should be measured from the hub Like a PowerTap, THEN it gets technical

I'm not feeling that great, but we are making progress thanks. Mrs FPM is being really positive about looking at all aspects of the UK. Weare finding out more and more stuff. Weare having Fox fitted on March 1st so we can look at some real estate shows and different areas. I know they will be out of date but a least it gives us some visual stuff, and talking points.

I'm trying not to 'persaude her' as I did that last time and she wasn't ready. It's more like, as the questions fall into our laps, we are dealing with them, slowly and naturally. And that seems to be working. She's asking many questions about what we'd do in different areas of the UK. She is joining that UK Korean website this weekend that someone kindly sent the link for (was that you, I've forgotten sorry?).

So it's slowly, slowly. Not fast enough for me, obviously but I'm not pushing the agenda, otherwise I'll have a failed marriage as well as a failed move to deal with It has to be her choice really, she get no threats from me if we don't go, but I'll be very dissapointed at the same time.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by FPM
The saddle isn't very technical. Working out whether you should be 80 or 85% of Zone 3 over 40km hill repeats is better than 60% of Zone 3 over 150km aero, lob in the question of whether power is best measured from the crank, like an Ergomo or SRM, or whether it should be measured from the hub Like a PowerTap, THEN it gets technical

I'm not feeling that great, but we are making progress thanks. Mrs FPM is being really positive about looking at all aspects of the UK. Weare finding out more and more stuff. Weare having Fox fitted on March 1st so we can look at some real estate shows and different areas. I know they will be out of date but a least it gives us some visual stuff, and talking points.

I'm trying not to 'persaude her' as I did that last time and she wasn't ready. It's more like, as the questions fall into our laps, we are dealing with them, slowly and naturally. And that seems to be working. She's asking many questions about what we'd do in different areas of the UK. She is joining that UK Korean website this weekend that someone kindly sent the link for (was that you, I've forgotten sorry?).

So it's slowly, slowly. Not fast enough for me, obviously but I'm not pushing the agenda, otherwise I'll have a failed marriage as well as a failed move to deal with It has to be her choice really, she get no threats from me if we don't go, but I'll be very dissapointed at the same time.
Slowly slowly is often the best way - no sense in rushing things and then regretting it. If Yoosun could maybe develop relationships with other Koreans in the UK, the chances of success are increased (I can't take credit for recommending the site). You certainly need patience though don't you? It certainly sounds positive though from what you have said - at least she's looking into it all and being open minded which is good news - she must really care deeply for you. I truly hope that you can both find happiness together - stay positive and hopefully your dreams will come true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.