British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Take back items (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/take-back-items-725522/)

Syedney Jul 19th 2011 4:22 pm

Take back items

Hey folks

With less than 10 weeks to go before we say farewell to Aus, I am wondering what stuff folks here would take home to remind them of Sydney/Northern Beaches/Aus.

I was thinking maybe the yummy timtams but really would like something that is not edible! Otherwise it may not even make it to UK :rofl:

Also not photos, as we have tons of these and more to come:eek:

And can easily fit into a suitcase!

Mummy in the foothills Jul 19th 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Take back items

Sand in a decorative jar/vase?

brits1 Jul 19th 2011 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Syedney (Post 9504938)
Hey folks

With less than 10 weeks to go before we say farewell to Aus, I am wondering what stuff folks here would take home to remind them of Sydney/Northern Beaches/Aus.

I was thinking maybe the yummy timtams but really would like something that is not edible! Otherwise it may not even make it to UK :rofl:

Also not photos, as we have tons of these and more to come:eek:

And can easily fit into a suitcase!

We (Perth W.A) finally bought a Didgeridoo (?) and a....wait for it a Boomerang...corny I know but I just loved the sound of the D. and I always wanted a Boomerang every since I watched Skippy as a youngster lol returning home was the excuse I needed. Oh our Oldest son misses pods....the chocolates but thats about it really...one thing I do regret not bringing back was our BBQ hardly used it in Aus but well we've had that many BBQ's since we arrived back (honestly) wished we had brought it with us now. Oh I my dear OH gave me a black opal ring from the N.T (he was working there at the time) and gave it to me last August when he joined us here in the UK...I love that ring....

killerhales Jul 20th 2011 2:16 am

A bit predictable. maybe, but we've moved a few times and we have always bought a local artwork (original or a good print) from the place we are leaving.

My wife dislikes aboriginal art so maybe for us it will be a landscape of the bush or something else.

Syedney Jul 21st 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions:thumbup:

Yes, my OH also wants to get a local painting and that is defo on the list.:thumbup:

Not sure about didgeridoo, but like you I always wanted to own one however can't see me getting any tune (or semblance of one anyways) out of it :rofl:

I am like the OH keeps reminding me tone deaf:lol:

The sand in Murray's beach (south of Jervis bay) is very very white, like what you see in those holiday programs and the beach is absolutely to die for. Perhaps we should have brought some sand from there.
Hmmm, I am sure OH would love a ring or two :rofl:

brits1 Jul 21st 2011 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Syedney (Post 9510066)
Thanks for all the suggestions:thumbup:

Yes, my OH also wants to get a local painting and that is defo on the list.:thumbup:

Not sure about didgeridoo, but like you I always wanted to own one however can't see me getting any tune (or semblance of one anyways) out of it :rofl:

I am like the OH keeps reminding me tone deaf:lol:

The sand in Murray's beach (south of Jervis bay) is very very white, like what you see in those holiday programs and the beach is absolutely to die for. Perhaps we should have brought some sand from there.
Hmmm, I am sure OH would love a ring or two :rofl:

Yep a ring certainly will get you some brownie points.....lol...