Wikiposts

Sydney Interview Given!

Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

marcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud of
Exclamation Sydney Interview Given!

Hey everyone! My husband and I just found out that he will have his interview for our I-130 application in Sydney on February 24th at 9 a.m., which is the day before my birthday, so hopefully I'll get the best birthday present EVER!

I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this Consulate? I've heard that if you have your interview early enough in the day and get approved, you walk out with your visa in hand that day? And if you have your interview later in the afternoon, you might have to pick it up the next morning (because it takes an hour or two to get everything in line and process it)?

They've said they have all of my husband's paperwork, so he just needs to bring his passport, medical, and appointment letter, and proof of relationship if he feels the need to play it safe.

I'm asking because my husband has to fly from Perth to Sydney for his interview, and we're wondering how long he should plan on being there. Ideally, he'd have his interview at 9 a.m., get his visa, and get on a plane to America the same day. Sounds crazy, but we really just want to be together at this point, and after being apart for our first wedding anniversary (Christmas Day), he's really excited about the prospect of making it to the States in time for my birthday.

If anyone has any recent experience with the Sydney Embassy, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks, as always!

P.S. My husband just had his medical, and I found it a little bit weird that he was made to strip down to his underwear, offered no gown, then asked to do different things to "test his flexibility" like bend over, lie on his back and lift his legs in the air one at a time, then together, etc., etc. He had a female doctor as well who then said, "That's really good. Most guys I've seen can't do stuff like that!"

I know immigration medicals are quite rigorous and invasive, but somehow I don't think that it would fly for a male doctor to tell me to strip down to my bra and panties, get offered no gown, then tell me to bend over, then lie on my back, and put my legs in the air. Then can you imagine the male doctor saying, "That's really good. Most girls I've seen can't do stuff like that!"?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Interview Given!

Recent Sydney IV reports are two to seven days for the visa to be delievered after the interview.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

marcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Recent Sydney IV reports are two to seven days for the visa to be delievered after the interview.
Do you know if you're allowed to pick it up in-person at the Embassy rather than waiting for it to be mailed?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcsred
Do you know if you're allowed to pick it up in-person at the Embassy rather than waiting for it to be mailed?
The passport with visa is returned by courier; I don't think there is any provision to pick it up at the Embassy. But, you can send the courier to wherever.. hotel, friend's place where he will stay etc.