Suffolk & Norfolk

Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suffolk & Norfolk

Originally Posted by Angliandreamer
That's a shame as I always thought Thetford was a nice town. Must be something to do with it having a link to 'Dads Army' .

I read a bit about Thetford on a site called 'Chavtowns'.
I'm not sure about this website nor the people that post, as it seems like some of their posts are rather negative in general. If fact about any town you choose to find and read about.
Even Bury St Edmunds gets a kicking. But to it's defence it also has people sticking up for it too. I like Bury, but like any town it too must have a dark side .

Thanks. The search continues .
Bury is a crap hole, I spent 6 weeks there, in the centre, studying and we used to watch out of the windows at all the fights, lots of drunks and lots of drug use... oh and more than a few squaddies to add to the mix, great fun!
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Angliandreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

How long ago was this Rugbymatt ? 6 weeks is not a long time to form an opinion of a place if you ask me . I've heard it's much cleaned up in the last few years.

Night time in most towns can get a bit young and boisterous. But not nice if you just want a nice evening walk from the pub/restaurant back home or just want to do some late night window shopping . As my wife would !

Some towns and villages can be great during the day but turn into lout holes as the evening unfolds.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

brightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to all

Bury st eds...

Its improved quite a bit in appearance. Lots of money spent on a new shopping centre (the Arc). Some good quality old stock of housing and some decent new build estates. Still got the same old Abbey Gate Gardens etc.

On the negatives... avoid the cheaper end of the housing market! couple of estates are rough. Jobs wise its better than a lot of areas but there is still a lack of full time permanant jobs in the unskilled sector. A lot of eastern europeans have moved to the area for the factory/farm work.

Its a "safe" town in as much as it caters for all your needs...variety of supermarkets, other shops, cinema, diy place etc.

But there is a reason why the main police station with holding cells for West/mid Suffolk are based in Bury

btw just in case you google cheaper housing and come across a place called Haverhill...dont even consider that one. Makes B.S.E look fabulous

Ty