Such a relief

Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:15 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Such a relief

Originally Posted by TaraC
I hope everything goes well with your PET scheme. I was very nervous about it, as I heard horror stories about filling out everything and still having problems, but the DEFRA helpline people have been so amazing. We also just heard from a friend who moved back a month ago, and her dog went through with flying colours. No problems at all.

Yes, I was very overwhelmed by everything that has to be done. Such a lot of aggro for such a tiny beast, but I can't bear the thought of re-homing her to someone who might not love her as much as I do. But thanks to some great advice here and re-wording of all the DEFRA jargon, I'm much more confident I can manage it all. Now I'm just worried about how she'll do on the flight!

This forum is my lifeline. People here have been so supportive of my entire process, from when I first began in 2002, right through to what's going on now, and I wouldn't have known what to do if I hadn't found this place. You guys all rock!! (Including the ones on the USA forum, you know who you are.... )
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Kate...when you get back you and I are going to have to meet for a pint one day. I can't beleive you and I both went thru the nightmare of UK to US immigration and then me US to UK and now you US to UK.......talk about there and back again.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaraC
I just found this website Anyway, I'm just so pleased that I'm not the only mad one who misses cold winters, rainy grey days, drying washing on a line, decent tea, and sitting in a pub with my lovely girlfriends! Thanks for all making me feel so much better about this decision.
Hello

Wecome

And good luck with your moving back plans

Chrissy

(no, they are mad in ALL sorts of odd ways on this site)
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hello

Wecome

And good luck with your moving back plans

Chrissy

(no, they are mad in ALL sorts of odd ways on this site)
I'm happy to be in such mad company -- you at least understand where I'm coming from. People in the US (and the UK for that matter) just think I'm nuts to give it all up.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Yes, I was very overwhelmed by everything that has to be done. Such a lot of aggro for such a tiny beast, but I can't bear the thought of re-homing her to someone who might not love her as much as I do. But thanks to some great advice here and re-wording of all the DEFRA jargon, I'm much more confident I can manage it all. Now I'm just worried about how she'll do on the flight!

This forum is my lifeline. People here have been so supportive of my entire process, from when I first began in 2002, right through to what's going on now, and I wouldn't have known what to do if I hadn't found this place. You guys all rock!! (Including the ones on the USA forum, you know who you are.... )
Totally understand. I couldn't imagine leaving my babies, even though the PET scheme seems to be the most difficult part of moving back (that and trying to find a flat that will take cats). They're partially the reason I stayed so long - couldn't put them in quarantine and didn't want to give them to anyone else. I was a fully paid-up member of the PET passport lobbying group and was waiting with bated breath for the rules to change. Then, just as they did change, I met my husband. Just typical. I almost dumped him because I wanted to go home and then realized that wasn't the smartest decision in the world. Anyway, like you, I'm worried about the flight home. I'm taking a non-stop Virgin flight from Washington-Dulles, so I'm hoping there will be little chance of anything going wrong on the flight. It isn't that long a flight, and they have already done one flight from Oregon to Virginia -- and that had a stop in Atlanta -- so I'm just praying this one goes ok. My little girl is pretty old now and more nervy, so I'm trying to get her used to her new cat carrier, spraying Feliway all over the place and just hoping.

Have you been trying to get back since 2002 or is that when you started the process to come over?