Wikiposts

Starting the countdown

Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Starting the countdown

Got home to Perth last night and the kids are less nervous about the move now I have assured them they have a house to live in when we get back to Scotland.
They have their last day at school tomorrow, where I'm sure there will be tears.
Still need to sell the cars (or maybe ship mine to the UK) and tie up all the loose ends. It's all go.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Got home to Perth last night and the kids are less nervous about the move now I have assured them they have a house to live in when we get back to Scotland.
They have their last day at school tomorrow, where I'm sure there will be tears.
Still need to sell the cars (or maybe ship mine to the UK) and tie up all the loose ends. It's all go.
Hi sorry LL
I havent got to read all of your posts,but how old are your kids,and how long have you been in Perth?
We are desperate to sell our house in Canada to move back.Been here 10yrs and just got back from a holiday in the UK.........making me more and more home sick when i saw all the baby lambs and daffodils in the green fields.I am sitting here looking at the snow still falling from the sky (7months of winter so far).
Congratulations on your house and hope the move goes smoothly
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

The kids are 7 and 9. I've been in Perth off and on since 1998 - not a ping ponger just travel a lot with work. We all have Australian Citizenship so have the option to return if we decide too.
Where abouts in Cumbria are you from? I was brought up just over the border in Gretna.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
The kids are 7 and 9. I've been in Perth off and on since 1998 - not a ping ponger just travel a lot with work. We all have Australian Citizenship so have the option to return if we decide too.
Where abouts in Cumbria are you from? I was brought up just over the border in Gretna.
Oh perfect timing for you and your kids,plus the option of going back. We got the citizanship here too,i think its a priceless thing to get.
I am originally from Egremont way (close to whitehaven).Lovely area but a dead end place for work and the future of my child.So looking for some where a bit more central (close to motorway access).
Good luck with your move,i cannot wait till it all happens for us.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboo67
Well that's good news as I know that the life expectancy for men in Glasgow is something ludicrous like 57. It is a more expensive area which means that we won't be able to afford as nice a place as we'd like but when you have to factor in schools some things become less important. Glasgow has some of the best state schools in Scotland, 6 are in the top 10.
Thanks for the info Dunroving, I hadn't thought of B&B in that area.
Bearsden/Milngavie are expensive as someone else said. Have you considered somewhere like Bishopbriggs or Lenzie? Bishopbriggs house prices have fallen dramatically, depending on what you're looking for and the schools are good. They have one non-denominational and one catholic high school and several primary schools. I'm a bit biased as I was born and brought up there and left with a good education. Transport (train) to Glasgow is roughly 7 minutes from Bishopbriggs station and we have a nice, small village main street. Locally a large ASDA, Morrisons, several nice pubs, a fantastic chinese buffet, several really good chinese and indian carry out and sit in places. Might be worth a look. Also for driving in to the city if you're planning on working there, it's really handy.

Anyway, hope your move goes smoothly and good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck P with your move back.Hope you all settle well.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks S. Is business going well for you?