St. Patrick's Day..

Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:07 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. Patrick's Day..

Originally Posted by Leslie66
You still think I'm really my avatar don't you?
I know you are really a nigerian scammer who is the spittin' image of big dada and president for life idi amin - but I will keep it hush-hush

http://www.achart.ca/publications/im...in_dada_lg.jpg
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:20 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
that's what's getting my goat
That's your problem. It's authentic Irish llamas these days.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:24 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Heck middle para is agreeable ! must be my lucky day....

The brits were no more benevolent than the americans - it was a set of individuals scouring the land for furs, minerals, lumber tobacco whatever - get rich quick - both of em

Valentine's day is an ordeal I admit but at least I get some legover at the end of it which is more than i get from a wife full of gassy green beer on paddy's day (geroff before i pop)

St George's day will be a hoot next year - I will have my very own parade with a barrel of timmy taylor's championship ales on offer.

and as for us mistreating the Irish, those americans who give it that, ignore the fact that they were busy raping the 14 year old slave girls in those days.
We shouldnt go back as most nationalities have skeletons in their cupboards; we should live in the present - and the IRA are murdering in the name of the irish flag right now - that's what's getting my goat

St Patricks day is no more a celebration of modern day Ireland than Christmas is a serious or solemn view of modern day Christianity. They're both dusty old notions that get trotted out once a year because nobody has the temerity to do any differently.

Brits bang on and on about how stupid, shallow and disinterested Americans are about all things worldly and this is one case where that is actually true. You seem to think (in this one case and in this case only) there is some deep and sinister driving force behind what is really just a marketing ploy to get people to drink more beer than they normally do on Tuesdays.

Last edited by Leslie; Mar 17th 2009 at 7:48 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:28 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thank you.

By the way - it's widely believed that St. Patrick wasn't English at all but Welsh.

And he wasn't a Catholic but a Christian and wanted to bring Christianity to the pagans. Catholics came later. The Pope had a lot to do with it as well.

By all accounts Halloween only exists because one Pope wanted to obliterate the Pagan harvest festival for the coming winter on October 31st so declared that November 1st would become a saints' day.

Unfortunate for said Pope, some pagan festivals were too strong and thus 'All Hallows Eve' eventually became known as Halloween Night and was never totally obliterated by All Saints Day.

I heard he was Scottish!!!

Well he'd be a Celt in any event right?

many churches were built on previously pagan holy sites. In fact the WWI American Cemetary at Mont Sec was built on one, helluva human sacrifice,

I'm reading The History of the Popes right now.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:29 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
another side effect of irish beer eh ..

They even celebrate ancient Roman culture here at Easter - they put crosses up on the mountainside

I will start a traditional English competition to skim yorkshire puddings across the columbia - it's only half a mile across which is easy

anyway logic has always been defeated by the lust for green beer , even in the renaissance, so I capitulate...

Last edited by exvj; Mar 17th 2009 at 7:35 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
St Patricks day is no more a celebration of modern day Ireland than Christmas is a serious or solemn view of modern day Christianity. They're both dusty old notions that get trotted out once a year because nobody has the temerity do any differently.

Brits bang on and on about how stupid, shallow and disinterested Americans are about all things worldly and this is one case where that is actually true. You seem to think (in this one case and in this case only) there is some deep and sinister driving force behind what is really just a marketing ploy to get people to drink more beer than they normally do on Tuesdays.
or in Savannah- eat green grits.

{insert vomit smiley here}
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I heard he was Scottish!!!

Well he'd be a Celt in any event right?

many churches were built on previously pagan holy sites. In fact the WWI American Cemetary at Mont Sec was built on one, helluva human sacrifice,

I'm reading The History of the Popes right now.
not a Jimmy neither

His parents were Roman - the Romans built Hadrian's wall at the northern end of England where civilization stopped and still does

So he couldnt be Scottish - imagine

'Hey Hey who do ya thank yoos looking at ? - do ye wanna be a christian and all that bye the way Jim ?'

no that doesnt work
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

grits are disgusting but green grits - reminds me of snot with bogies. You would need to get pissed after eating that.
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Jaysus.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:37 pm
Sursum corda

Heck middle para is agreeable ! must be my lucky day....

The brits were no more benevolent than the americans - it was a set of individuals scouring the land for furs, minerals, lumber tobacco whatever - get rich quick - both of em

Valentine's day is an ordeal I admit but at least I get some legover at the end of it which is more than i get from a wife full of gassy green beer on paddy's day (geroff before i pop)

St George's day will be a hoot next year - I will have my very own parade with a barrel of timmy taylor's championship ales on offer.

and as for us mistreating the Irish, those americans who give it that, ignore the fact that they were busy raping the 14 year old slave girls in those days.
We shouldnt go back as most nationalities have skeletons in their cupboards; we should live in the present - and the IRA are murdering in the name of the irish flag right now - that's what's getting my goat
I'm only saying this little bit about that.

You think that 14 year old slave girls didn't get raped before 1776? Somehow the picture of "open season" being declared on young girls because we were our own country turns my stomach.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:38 pm
Sursum corda

not a Jimmy neither

His parents were Roman - the Romans built Hadrian's wall at the northern end of England where civilization stopped and still does

So he couldnt be Scottish - imagine

'Hey Hey who do ya thank yoos looking at ? - do ye wanna be a christian and all that bye the way Jim ?'

no that doesnt work
I am aware of Hadrian's Wall and Offa's Dyke now that you mention it.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:39 pm
WTF?

You think that 14 year old slave girls didn't get raped before 1776? Somehow the picture of "open season" being declared on young girls because we were our own country turns my stomach.
I wouldn't take any of it too seriously if I were you. The master debator is throwing everything in there but the kitchen sink.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:46 pm
Banned

I made no such correlation so retrieve your brekkly and dont be so dramatic .
Crikey doesnt take much to have you throwing your stomach contents all over the place, your career as an ambulance driver is looking less likely

My point was (I shouldnt have to repeat it), that back in those days , all nations had a lot to be ashamed of using present day ethics, so the Irish/Scots/Welsh using history for their present day hostility to present day English people is all wrong.

If its a present day issue, like killing people last week, or what Bush was up to, then I dont want to wave nationalist flags to support all that stuff
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I've always thought your avatar is a llama picture. I can hardly make out the ape; I just see llama.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway it's only one day but I am staying in. My motorcycle group invited me to decorate my bike green and ride in the parade. When I stated my reasons for not wanting to, they removed my post. Free speech indeed.
And you still can't take the hint.

If trolling is an attempt to start unpleasantness then I think your post is nearer to that

I used to think you are a troll, but now I think it's more than that. I think you would be much more happy, and get the debates you are looking for, if you posted in the Take It Outside forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.