St. Patrick's Day..

Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:42 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. Patrick's Day..

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i tried the cabage and corned beef tonight. FRIGGING DISGUSTING. First off it wasnt the corned beef i know and hate back in england. Now i have my own corned beef i know and hate here too. first i went and got the beef. said throw in boiling water and simmer for 3 hours. It was bloody disgusting. I cant describe the taste because it was just ... well no wonder they drink guiness. My grandad was irish, family of 11 kids and they all ended up in newcastle. for such a small bloody country they really have a lot of descendents. Every bugger has some relative that is irish somewhere...
What were you thinking....
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:10 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

i tried the cabage and corned beef tonight. FRIGGING DISGUSTING. First off it wasnt the corned beef i know and hate back in england. Now i have my own corned beef i know and hate here too. first i went and got the beef. said throw in boiling water and simmer for 3 hours. It was bloody disgusting. I cant describe the taste because it was just ... well no wonder they drink guiness. My grandad was irish, family of 11 kids and they all ended up in newcastle. for such a small bloody country they really have a lot of descendents. Every bugger has some relative that is irish somewhere...
Corned beef here is what we called salt beef back in London. You can get the cans of the other corned beef. I'm lucky, I like both.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:26 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Corned Beef was never an Irish Tradition in Ireland as I understand it; when the Irish exodus to the US there were many poor Irish immigrants living in NYC in the Jewish neighborhoods, and brisket- especially corned beef brisket was a cheap protein source.

I could eat it every day if properly cooked, ditto for pastrami (same cut of meat- different spices).
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Which pub in Boston? I need to find a decent Rugby pub. Please don't say the Black Rose in Government centre.
Bit late, but the pub in Jamaica Plains is pretty decent, "Doyles"
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
The correct spelling is actually crack - the word comes from Scots immigrants to Ulster.
Either spelling is correct. Craic is the Gaelicised spelling.

I promised the other half I'd spend St Patrick's Day hiding in the house, as those morons here have decided to start shooting people again.

Last St Patrick's Day was my first in the US. We went to a parade in a little town calling Eureka Springs in NW Arkansas, and had a really good time.

They had traditional Irish llamas:

Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marty J

I promised the other half I'd spend St Patrick's Day hiding in the house, as those morons here have decided to start shooting people again.

Last St Patrick's Day was my first in the US. We went to a parade in a little town calling Eureka Springs in NW Arkansas, and had a really good time.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/...b197019533.jpg
I have yet to see a tee shirt with the motto- F**k me, I'm Irish.

Although I am not sure if that's an exclamation of surprise or an entreaty.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:15 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs

I want one!

(there's probably a bit of Irish in me... I think ELLIS is Irish, no?)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:03 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs

You could probably make good money around Savannah selling those this week.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:22 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
You could probably make good money around Savannah selling those this week.
300,000 expected in for it, yeah I probably would,
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Nothing like traditional St. Patricks day round here, not a Guinness in sight, green Bud Light seems to be the norm!!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:22 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by snowbunny

I want one!

(there's probably a bit of Irish in me... I think ELLIS is Irish, no?)
Ancestry.com says no.

ellis Name Meaning and History
English and Welsh: from the medieval personal name Elis, a vernacular form of Elijah (see Elias). In Wales this surname absorbed forms derived from the Welsh personal name Elisedd, a derivative of elus ‘kindly’, ‘benevolent’.

Found out recently, that my grandmother (who was anti Irish) had an Irish grandmother,
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:41 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I am still looking....odds are that there is some Irish somewhere, possibly on my father's side, but haven't found any. The red hair is so far only due to my Scots g-g-grandfather and other recessive gene carriers.

Everyone tells me I look Irish though, so I reckon I could get away with the t-shirt.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:03 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marty J

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/...b197019533.jpg
Do the llamas clog dance?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:43 pm
Maño-Americano

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Do the llamas clog dance?
When we went to Riverdance last month, there were NO llamas.:curse:

Oddly enough there was a Spanish girl who did a couple (modified) flamenco numbers, and a couple black guys who did a hell of a tapdance. Didn't know Ireland had either.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:13 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be spending St Patricks Day in Mexico. I'm sure it's chocker full of Irish there too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.