Spouse Visa Requirements

Old Feb 15th 2017, 11:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Requirements

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I'm sure that was the case when we did it but admittedly that was a few years ago now.
You're talking about the 2 year partner route to settlement - that ended nearly 5 years ago.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 12:00 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're talking about the 2 year partner route to settlement - that ended nearly 5 years ago.
Yeah that was roughly around the time that we did it.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Hey guys, question related to spousal visa:

I am the UK citizen (as are my 3 kids). In order to apply for my wife, am I right that I need a job offer (proven by offer letter perhaps?) in the UK for the minimum salary needed to support my wife?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmancoll

I am the UK citizen (as are my 3 kids). In order to apply for my wife, am I right that I need a job offer (proven by offer letter perhaps?) in the UK for the minimum salary needed to support my wife?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, plus you need to have been earning over the threshold in your current job for at least six months before the date of application.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, plus you need to have been earning over the threshold in your current job for at least six months before the date of application.
My job here in the US, right?
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:32 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

My job here in the US, right?
Correct. The pound is weak against the dollar at the moment so that counts in your favour. The current exchange means you need to be earning $24,200 p.a., $25,000+ for safety.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Correct. The pound is weak against the dollar at the moment so that counts in your favour. The current exchange means you need to be earning $24,200 p.a., $25,000+ for safety.
Thanks for your help, appreciated.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mccnalatac
.... I just want to ask about the council tax bill. My fiancee is renting a house and doesn't have council tax bill. Is it necessary to include the council tax bill as part of proof of accommodation?
Please help me on this matter. Thanks.
Is she subletting or sharing? .... It is is usual/ expected that the council tax is paid by the occupant(s), so renting wouldn't usually be an explanation for not having a council tax bill.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
You can also satisfy the spouse visa financial requirement by having £62,500 worth of cash savings for six months. If the money comes from selling your house in the US, you don't need to hold the money for six months.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

mccnalatac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Is she subletting or sharing? .... It is is usual/ expected that the council tax is paid by the occupant(s), so renting wouldn't usually be an explanation for not having a council tax bill.
Not sharing. He rents it on his own. He said the owner pays the council tax bill. How can he get a council tax bill?
Old Jul 30th 2017, 11:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Not sharing. He rents it on his own. He said the owner pays the council tax bill. How can he get a council tax bill?
Tell the owner to stop paying.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Go ask the local council , take proof of address - electric bill, gas bill etc in his name then ask if council tax is up to date. Look here https://www.rla.org.uk/landlord/guid...ncil_tax.shtml - work out where you are on this listing and if you are NOT one of the categories above the owner - who is bottom of the pile, then the inference is that there may be something not quite "correct" with your tenancy.
Here's more info from the Tenants Association Are You Responsible For Paying Council Tax ? | The Tenants' Voice this may be more apposite to the posters position.