Spouse Settlement Visa

Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse Settlement Visa

Anyone know how long it's good for once issued? We are planning on moving in October but I wanted to go ahead and get the visa a bit earlier than that if possible.....there's always the possibility of us moving back before October and I want to be ready just in case.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:50 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Settlement Visa

Originally Posted by Scout
Anyone know how long it's good for once issued? We are planning on moving in October but I wanted to go ahead and get the visa a bit earlier than that if possible.....there's always the possibility of us moving back before October and I want to be ready just in case.

Cheers,

Leslie
Hi Leslie. I was thinking about you yesterday! Defra just approved a flight from Atlanta!! Anyway, about your question (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I think once you obtain the spouse visa it would be alright no problem until October or beyond.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callé
Hi Leslie. I was thinking about you yesterday! Defra just approved a flight from Atlanta!! Anyway, about your question (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I think once you obtain the spouse visa it would be alright no problem until October or beyond.
Hi Calle!

Defra approved a flight from Atlanta??? Oh so cool! Do you have any info? I am going to go scan the Defra site to check that out for sure! We are in a worse pickle with the dog now because she has been diagnosed with diabetes and we are having to give her a shot of insulin every 12 hours which makes travel even MORE difficult.

Thanks for the info on the Visa, I want to apply for it in the next month or so and figured if no one here knew I would just call NY.

Cheers,

Leslie

ETA - I just called British Air which is the approved carrier.........they have no clue...........so I have emailed an inquiry.

Last edited by Scout; Apr 27th 2005 at 6:38 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:17 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Calle!

Defra approved a flight from Atlanta??? Oh so cool! Do you have any info? I am going to go scan the Defra site to check that out for sure! We are in a worse pickle with the dog now because she has been diagnosed with diabetes and we are having to give her a shot of insulin every 12 hours which makes travel even MORE difficult.

Thanks for the info on the Visa, I want to apply for it in the next month or so and figured if no one here knew I would just call NY.

Cheers,

Leslie

ETA - I just called British Air which is the approved carrier.........they have no clue...........so I have emailed an inquiry.
Leslie...Did you find it? its on the DEFRA website, in the regular spot..approved flights. British airways, Atlanta to Gatwick. Also if you check the front page on pet scheme under news, it's there as well. hope that'll help. You should be able to just manage the shot if you can fly out locally. My aunt had a cat with diabetes. she did fine and after a bit of time it will just become routine for you to administer the shot. I am planning for October as well since that will be the first available for transport of pets after summer. A few others going in Oct so it will be a month to remember for a lot of us! good luck and keep us posted!
calle
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Leslie...Did you find it? its on the DEFRA website, in the regular spot..approved flights. British airways, Atlanta to Gatwick. Also if you check the front page on pet scheme under news, it's there as well. hope that'll help. You should be able to just manage the shot if you can fly out locally. My aunt had a cat with diabetes. she did fine and after a bit of time it will just become routine for you to administer the shot. I am planning for October as well since that will be the first available for transport of pets after summer. A few others going in Oct so it will be a month to remember for a lot of us! good luck and keep us posted!
calle

I found it Calle..thanks.

I also called British Air's pet Passport Office and they are not aware of the change and can give me no information about flying out of Atlanta. It may be that British Air will fly pets out of Atlanta in the summer if their programme is a climate controlled one such as Houston's has with Continential. I am not holding my breath though. I know one thing, as soon as I find out more, I am going to book one of the first flights out if we have to go in October because I would imagine a lot of others will be waiting as well to get flights out after the summer pet travel ban and I know all the airlines limit the number of pets per flight. I have an inquiry in to BA and will let you know if they contact me with any further details regarding Atlanta.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:58 am
Old-Fart

Bangers&Mash is on a distinguished road

Cheers,

Leslie
Once issued the Spouse Settlement Visa is good for 2 years, then you have to renew it.

My wife received hers this week. It took 8 "Working Days" Door To Door from the Consulate in NY. Cost was $532.00 I just hope you don't have to phone them. See the Consulate 900 Number Post.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:49 am
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found it Calle..thanks.

I also called British Air's pet Passport Office and they are not aware of the change and can give me no information about flying out of Atlanta. It may be that British Air will fly pets out of Atlanta in the summer if their programme is a climate controlled one such as Houston's has with Continential. I am not holding my breath though. I know one thing, as soon as I find out more, I am going to book one of the first flights out if we have to go in October because I would imagine a lot of others will be waiting as well to get flights out after the summer pet travel ban and I know all the airlines limit the number of pets per flight. I have an inquiry in to BA and will let you know if they contact me with any further details regarding Atlanta.

Cheers,

Leslie

2 pets per flight
Old May 7th 2005, 7:49 am
Banned

Hi.You are correct.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bangers&Mash
Once issued the Spouse Settlement Visa is good for 2 years, then you have to renew it.

My wife received hers this week. It took 8 "Working Days" Door To Door from the Consulate in NY. Cost was $532.00 I just hope you don't have to phone them. See the Consulate 900 Number Post.

As you know they are almost impossible to call on the phone.I got my wife a "returning resident visa" as she spent some time in the UK some years ago.
It was $70 something dollars[I think}based on your answer Looks like my answer to Calle below should have said incorrect.