Spousal Visa extension

Old Apr 24th 2021, 8:18 am
Just Joined

fijinz77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Visa extension

Hi,

just to let anyone going through their second stage of the 5 year route under the partner route my experience.

We applied on 3/4/2021 online, paid the visa & NHS fee.

As we are living in the UK, we had to book an appointment at a UKVCAS office. We live in Wakefield, so choose Leeds.

You have to pay extra, which isn’t stated that we saw on gov.uk site.

They are the official partner for the Home Office. They take your photo, fingerprints for your biometrics and scan your supporting documents and attach these to your online application. It took them about 45 minutes as they could only scan so many pages at a time on this small scanner.

You get an email to notify you that your documents have been submitted and my visa will be assessed.

We paid for priority service and 3 hours after the documents were submitted, I got my approval letter.

If anyone has any questions about this process, I can try to help.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Errol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Visa extension

Congratulations on your speedy approval. I am sure you gave them exactly what they wanted.

I plan on filing for the UK Spouse visa sometime between early July the middle of September

We are both in the US. (we are relocating once the visa is approved)

Were you residing in the UK when you first applied for the spousal visa? My attorney, told me I qualify with my pension income, but the reason I am asking, is it might be simpler to transfer UK 70,000 to a UK bank and six months before I file?

Errol
Old Apr 25th 2021, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your pensions equate to 18,600 BP per annum then you can qualify using those.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

fijinz77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Errol
Congratulations on your speedy approval. I am sure you gave them exactly what they wanted.

I plan on filing for the UK Spouse visa sometime between early July the middle of September

We are both in the US. (we are relocating once the visa is approved)

Were you residing in the UK when you first applied for the spousal visa? My attorney, told me I qualify with my pension income, but the reason I am asking, is it might be simpler to transfer UK 70,000 to a UK bank and six months before I file?

Errol
Hi Errol,

All the best with your application.

I was in New Zealand, when we applied for my first UK spousal visa.

It’s up to you if you want to open a UK bank account to hold your American pension for 6 months before you apply.

I provided my New Zealand payslips and bank statements when I applied.

We didn’t pay for priority the first time and got the decision in 3 months.

I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Ivan
Old Apr 26th 2021, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Errol is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for responding

We didn’t pay for priority the first time and got the decision in 3 months.

My interpretation is, we must have suitable accommodation as a condition when filing for the visa. So, I have to fly over from New York, secure accommodation and then file the visa.
I will probably have to pay for priority depending on when the apartment becomes available. If I have to take the apartment three months down the line, well, regular is doable. However, if the lease kicks in after a month or two, in order to avoid paying for an empty apartment, priority makes sense