Wikiposts

Spoiled for choice!

Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spoiled for choice!

Well, it has been a loooong day. Our flight over from Canberra to London via Frankfurt was uneventful (unless you count the fact that they didnt have a parking bay for the Dash 8 from Canberra at Sydney airport). Oh yes, and they have lost my backpack - not sure if that was Qantas or BA. The missing baggage tracker says that it has been collected by the express courier so I am hopeful of seeing it tonight but wont be surprised if I dont. As all I have is what I am standing up in, the rest of the family are desperately hoping it will be tonight!!! Of course, it contains the most precious thing I am bringing - a sampler I stitched for my parents' diamond anniversary so if it is irretrievably lost I shall scream. Oh yes, and all the duct tape is in it too!!!!

DH has made the trip and after a few whinges about Qantas, the baggage, the train, the underground etc we are now on the same page and he is being quite positive (I think it may have been the threat of the baseball bat)

Anyway, I digress - colour me gobsmacked at the choice of stuff there is here - it never ceases to amaze me. Waitrose was an aladdin's cave for a poor girl from the backblocks of Canberra and tv - well, what can I say?????
I could watch decent stuff from now until Christmas (but I wont because I am on holiday!)

The green green of the grass/trees/hedgrows is almost blinding, I made it through London without being stabbed and people gave up their seats to elderly people on the tube, the ticket seller was not only helpful but friendly with it, the train ran on time, the rose bay willow herb and buddleia are out in the hedgerows, it has been sunny most of the day, it isnt dark yet and it is nearly 7pm Tomorrow we will see more of the countryside than you can see from the train, have lunch in a pub somewhere, catch up with the remaining rellies from my small family and generally get over the sheer knackeredness of getting here (doesnt bother me but it bugs the heck out of the DH who cant sleep on planes!)

Have appropriated the aged rellies computer - having worked out why it wasnt connecting with the internet and they hadnt been replying to my emails for weeks (thank you service pack 3 and Zone Alarm!!!).

Hope all the house selling and all that goes well for you chaps who are desperate to get back here to sanity!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:34 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spoiled for choice!

And hasnt it been a lovely sunny day today!!

Glad you are enjoying it Quoll. My son in law took me to the docs yesterday and i saw a whole row of foxgloves along the hedgerows.
Wish I was well enough for a pub lunch. Enjoy it while you can!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:06 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on holiday or moved back for good?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Are you on holiday or moved back for good?
Ah, I wish - just a holiday this time I am afraid. Just a month but what a month it is going to be (it is going to be a long month if they dont bring my backpack very soon!!!).

Today I am going to a Roman/Celt day on Wandlebury Ring I think (they said to come dressed as a roman or celt - well, I dont look like one but I am well on my way to smelling like one!!!, wonder if that counts???) and also to see the rest of my small family.

Flea sorry you are still so poorly - that really isnt fair at all! I think a nice gentle pub lunch would build up your strength, dont they say that Guinness is good for you?!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by quoll
Ah, I wish - just a holiday this time I am afraid. Just a month but what a month it is going to be (it is going to be a long month if they dont bring my backpack very soon!!!).

Today I am going to a Roman/Celt day on Wandlebury Ring I think (they said to come dressed as a roman or celt - well, I dont look like one but I am well on my way to smelling like one!!!, wonder if that counts???) and also to see the rest of my small family.

Flea sorry you are still so poorly - that really isnt fair at all! I think a nice gentle pub lunch would build up your strength, dont they say that Guinness is good for you?!
I didn't realise you were going to UK for a hol. Lucky you. Make the most of it and enjoy.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy Lucky lucky git , I'm green with envy
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

me too!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:37 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, Quoll. Enjoy your time there -- as if you need telling! I hope your OH has a good time too. And I hope you've got your bag back by now.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You know the only things that I miss from the UK and I am embarrassed to say, are UK soaps - I was a soap addict in the UK and I miss Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Actually I miss UK TV but can't justify Foxtel because the UK stuff is all repeats.

Oh yes, I miss the music scene as well - if I hear Leona bloody Lewis again I might scream
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
You know the only things that I miss from the UK and I am embarrassed to say, are UK soaps - I was a soap addict in the UK and I miss Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Actually I miss UK TV but can't justify Foxtel because the UK stuff is all repeats.

Oh yes, I miss the music scene as well - if I hear Leona bloody Lewis again I might scream
i know i always was a bit of a t.v addict, but didnt know how much, i miss the u.k t.v sooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuch, i may have to take up a hobby here at night
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope you have a blast
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

get yourself a decent broadband connection and download. I download corrie and lots of other uk stuff. I very rarely watch australian tv and we have foxtel.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:02 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll you lucky thing may you enjoy many more trips to Waitrose! If you get a chance try the 'Bighams' chicken & red wine or steak pies they do-they are fabulous! Have a wonderful visit!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

!
Is that the Wandlebury on the addenbrookes rd, Cambridge? If, so, you shouldve popped in for a cuppa!!!
Hope youre still having a lovely time!
Chrissy x
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chance to be
Is that the Wandlebury on the addenbrookes rd, Cambridge? If, so, you shouldve popped in for a cuppa!!!
Hope youre still having a lovely time!
Chrissy x
Yup - didnt end up going to be a Roman or Celt - had to go and buy clothes to be a tourist as my bag was lost (now found!). Am living just down the road at Shelford so a cuppa any time would be fine! Actually got the Park and Ride in, so stopped at the Addenbrookes stop!

Spent the day in Cambridge today - basic errands and shopping. Still in shock over the new John Lewis!!!! AND I had STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real strawberries where every on in the punnet actually tasted like strawberries. OMG and it is still light at nearly 8.30 and will be for a while yet I know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.