Split this forum?

Old Oct 5th 2006, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Split this forum?

It is not my befief and I don't care what you are interested in.
Why are you so hostile with your comments?

Great you read the title
Sarcasm as well

I just offered an option to splitting forums. If you don't like it, say so, I don't get offended
Never said I didn't like it, did I? and I am not offended, just a bit baffled by you sitting on your high horse

Cheers

Graham
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely.......another fight.

This forum is more cyclical than anything else. When we moved back last year it seemed there was a lot more people moving back from the States and Canada......and one or two from France or Spain. Lately it's been more Oz oriented.....in another month or two it may shift back to the States again.

So no.....I don't think we need another subforum. I have discussed moving back issues with people from all over. I don't think we need to now split the forum up even further by continent or country.

SOB if a post doesn't relate to your experiences or need to know.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by neill
Yeah, surely the spirit of this forum should be "What i should expect upon returning to the UK....." rather than a bitch-fest about the specific country one moved to. There are a number of long-time far-removed from the UK returnees who genuinely don't know what the UK is like these days!!!

...hence it should be common to all returnees.
Good Point.

We left the UK to live in Oz. We have a good family in the UK and enjoyed our life there and didn't move away because we thought it was going down the pan or anything. We wanted to try something different. We have enjoyed the moving abroad experience and we're enjoying living here at the moment.

We are not sure if we're going to stay here indefinitely and if we do return to the UK it will be because we prefer it there not because there is anything wrong with the country we moved to or something wrong with us. At the end of the day it is about choice and preferences (and sometimes circumstances).

It's really disappointing when a good, interesting thread turns into a bitch-fest about which country is best - I don't understand why one has to be better than the other OR an argument between a couple of posters that goes down the quotes ping-pong phase, personal attack then grammar and punctuation fault finding route.
It really puts people off posting especially in the going back to the UK forum.

So I don't think the forum should be split and we should all play nice
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:28 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neill
Yeah, surely the spirit of this forum should be "What i should expect upon returning to the UK....." rather than a bitch-fest about the specific country one moved to. There are a number of long-time far-removed from the UK returnees who genuinely don't know what the UK is like these days!!!

...hence it should be common to all returnees.
Absolutely agree. Saves going the whole hog and have a forum for each state of each country with sub forums to meet, greet and return from. Cross linking to all other states in all countries in case someone wants something really obscure.

I am sure I have missed some possibilities, but I feel that someone will point it out to me
Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good idea in general, my only gripe would be that it limits the amount of replies one gets to their thread. You could also argue that it wouldnt matter what someones experience was like moving back from OZ, if they were moving from the States. There are more universal subjects though, that everyone can help out on.