Speaking of Shippers

Old May 29th 2008, 1:06 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Speaking of Shippers

I have just had my first quote in for a full 20ft container, Edmonton (via Montreal) to Southampton, then up to Cheshire. Partial pack, which means they pack all the breakables, crockery, pictures, mirrors, blah blah, and wrap all the furniture, the rest is down to us........and they came in at $8100

I await the rest !
Old May 29th 2008, 12:24 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
I have just had my first quote in for a full 20ft container, Edmonton (via Montreal) to Southampton, then up to Cheshire. Partial pack, which means they pack all the breakables, crockery, pictures, mirrors, blah blah, and wrap all the furniture, the rest is down to us........and they came in at $8100

I await the rest !
WoW! Compared to our original quote from T-R That's fantastic! Fred came back yesterday - we're awaiting the new quote.....
Old May 29th 2008, 11:51 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Update....and I'm only mentioning all this just so you aware that shippers get things wrong!
Fred's quote came in this afternoon, and he has recalculated the volume, but now says it's 258 cu ft at a cost of $3900.28. I have asked him how he's arrived at this, and once again he admits to guessing at most of it. So Mr Oldbag and I heaved all the boxes into a big cube in the middle of the spare room and measured, then added the cubic measurements of the only two pieces of (small) furniture going back, and come up with 200.5! Whatever Fred's on, I want some because it seems to make everything look bigger!
I'm beginning to doubt his reliability now and we don't really have that much time left to arse around. I may well go to one of the other companies we had quotes from.