Someone gag Triboy!

Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone gag Triboy!

Originally Posted by sunbather
Not sure what the logs are you're on about but our local Coles sells Tunnocks wafers, teacakes and snowballs. Yep, all three
We can buy all those at our new IGA they have a good English section but as per usual they are double what you'd pay in the U.K...
Old Mar 14th 2010, 11:56 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ciderman
You would not believe the amount of malt loaf, Ginster's, Tunnocks etc. I've got through in the few months I've been back. Oh and don't forget the cider....I recommend you buy shares in Weston's!
I have to say I have piled on the pounds since living in England this past year, too much cheese, chips and chocolate. Not forgetting Soreen with thick butter, Eccles cakes, Cheswood Creamed Mushrooms, Toffee Crisps, Galaxy, Walkers Crisps, wine, pear cider and so the list goes on.........and on.......

I'll be glad to get back to Australia just to get on the old salads again.

As much as I love it here and have LOVED eating all my treats again.

I do have to say that Aussie food on the whole is definitely better and healthier. I am getting ready to duck now as I am attacked from all sides!!!

But seriously if you have salad here in the UK, well...........it's a bit ordinary........and man or woman can not live out of the chippie alone!!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I have to say I have piled on the pounds since living in England this past year, too much cheese, chips and chocolate. Not forgetting Soreen with thick butter, Eccles cakes, Cheswood Creamed Mushrooms, Toffee Crisps, Galaxy, Walkers Crisps, wine, pear cider and so the list goes on.........and on.......

I'll be glad to get back to Australia just to get on the old salads again.

As much as I love it here and have LOVED eating all my treats again.

I do have to say that Aussie food on the whole is definitely better and healthier. I am getting ready to duck now as I am attacked from all sides!!!

But seriously if you have salad here in the UK, well...........it's a bit ordinary........and man or woman can not live out of the chippie alone!!
Just so not going to take the bait...lol...we all have different tastes...maybe Aus food is better hence the 3rd of the population are obese...
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:42 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Just so not going to take the bait...lol...we all have different tastes...maybe Aus food is better hence the 3rd of the population are obese...
Hey Brits - it's not very often you will find me being positive about anything Aussie!!!

Obesity is on the rise here too. I sometimes go into Iceland as they do have very good prices on the tinned goods, biscuits (!!), bread, milk and so on.......

And I know the population here is far larger in numbers than Oz so therefore more variety in many things, but I have never seen so many "healthy" ready meals I have to say. Lots of them low fat (but high sugar and/or carbs). You can also get ready meals like fish, chips and mushy peas or a big breakfast with hash browns, etc. for about £1.50. And as for the "shapes" well there are all kinds of shaped foods, chicken, turkey, potato, etc. usually in batter or breadcrumbs.

There does seem to be more of these ready meals - pop them in the microwave and there's your tea kids!!

And of course not everybody in Australia is giving their children healthy salads and nutloaf far from it, but I do think it is easier and cheaper to eat healthily in Oz.

Anyways this is just my own observation. And as I'm sure you will also know from my posts over the few months I have been on here I don't even want to return to Australia but that's a whole other thread, much covered on "50's and 60's returning to the UK."

Barb
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I always put on weight when I go home - which is good as I dislike so much of the food here that I hardly ever eat anything and the weight falls off me at times!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know of an Aussie equivalent to Mini Cheddars? Brought back packets and packets of them last time.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does anyone know of an Aussie equivalent to Mini Cheddars? Brought back packets and packets of them last time.
IGA use to have (not sure if they still do) South African Mini Cheddars..not as good but better than nothing....they are my fav along with Walkers Cheese and Onion...love the buy one get one free at a local Tescos, although it took me ages to loose them from the waistline...lol..
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:31 pm
Home Sweet Home

IGA use to have (not sure if they still do) South African Mini Cheddars..not as good but better than nothing....they are my fav along with Walkers Cheese and Onion...love the buy one get one free at a local Tescos, although it took me ages to loose them from the waistline...lol..
I had a bag of Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps last night
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey Brits - it's not very often you will find me being positive about anything Aussie!!!

Obesity is on the rise here too. I sometimes go into Iceland as they do have very good prices on the tinned goods, biscuits (!!), bread, milk and so on.......

And I know the population here is far larger in numbers than Oz so therefore more variety in many things, but I have never seen so many "healthy" ready meals I have to say. Lots of them low fat (but high sugar and/or carbs). You can also get ready meals like fish, chips and mushy peas or a big breakfast with hash browns, etc. for about £1.50. And as for the "shapes" well there are all kinds of shaped foods, chicken, turkey, potato, etc. usually in batter or breadcrumbs.

There does seem to be more of these ready meals - pop them in the microwave and there's your tea kids!!

And of course not everybody in Australia is giving their children healthy salads and nutloaf far from it, but I do think it is easier and cheaper to eat healthily in Oz.

Anyways this is just my own observation. And as I'm sure you will also know from my posts over the few months I have been on here I don't even want to return to Australia but that's a whole other thread, much covered on "50's and 60's returning to the UK."

Barb
We have always eaten home made...product of my upbringing..lol...hard work at times but alas some things you just cannot shake off...most of the food kids seem to eat nowadays it fish fingers...frozen chips...pies etc...shocking really but Parents are torn everywhere nowadays...personally I would not miss seeing fast foods on every corner as we do here in Perth and we have said after our last meal out..never again...expensive and just not near the quality standard food use to be here....plus fed up of all the "New Asian/Australian" mixed dishes....another gripe is the size of the portions are large (American size) its just not needed and for the most so wasteful...I am all for value for money but overfeeding is just so not healthy....but as I always say "each to their own".....that will be something you can also look forward to when you return...before you know it...you'll be wondering why the heck you stayed so long in the U.K...you might be on here one day slagging the UK off...lol.....
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I had a bag of Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps last night
Just wicked....I use to love Bovril flavoured crisps (made by Smiths Crisps...it was a real treat for us to have crisps and because of that they tasted even better) and yet I use to hate marmite...cannot stand the smell let alone the taste...
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:47 pm
Home Sweet Home

We have always eaten home made...product of my upbringing..lol...hard work at times but alas some things you just cannot shake off...most of the food kids seem to eat nowadays it fish fingers...frozen chips...pies etc...shocking really but Parents are torn everywhere nowadays...personally I would not miss seeing fast foods on every corner as we do here in Perth and we have said after our last meal out..never again...expensive and just not near the quality standard food use to be here....plus fed up of all the "New Asian/Australian" mixed dishes....another gripe is the size of the portions are large (American size) its just not needed and for the most so wasteful...I am all for value for money but overfeeding is just so not healthy....but as I always say "each to their own".....that will be something you can also look forward to when you return...before you know it...you'll be wondering why the heck you stayed so long in the U.K...you might be on here one day slagging the UK off...lol.....
I can personally guarantee that will NEVER happen!! My son told me more than once I am too English to live in Australia..........
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I always bring back loads of those. Never found anything here quite as good, and believe me I've tried!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:50 pm
magistrate

magistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nicemagistrate is just really nice

Been back in the UK since September 09 and having to put weight on as ordered by my Doctor ,this I hasten to add is a first as I have always piled weight on just looking at bread or pasta.My faves are Muller fruit corner cherry yoghurts ,8 for 2 pounds in money ,Crunchie bars,mr kipling french fancies ,prawn crackers,so yummy !!!
Needless say my weight has gone up much to the Doc,s delight and my jeans horror..
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:49 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by magistrate
Been back in the UK since September 09 and having to put weight on as ordered by my Doctor ,this I hasten to add is a first as I have always piled weight on just looking at bread or pasta.My faves are Muller fruit corner cherry yoghurts ,8 for 2 pounds in money ,Crunchie bars,mr kipling french fancies ,prawn crackers,so yummy !!!
Needless say my weight has gone up much to the Doc,s delight and my jeans horror..
Oh how dreamy - the doctor telling you to put ON weight.........sigh..........

Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

obewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by janeyk
Wispa bars! Muller yougurts and Waitrose all taste as nice as I remember!
mmmm... muller yoghurts! corner yoghurts were on special at Tesco's the other day, 5 for £1 !! that's 20p each!! I stocked up on my favourites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.